Gibson Brands Forums

I met the Gibson CEO and now I am selling my Les Paul

Rabs

Check that guitar buying suggestion thingy. And any used car buying. Or check cashing.

I could have done without watching that interview. At least I made it through three minutes before I started scanning. God bless the MBA's of the world. My Dad's an MBA and my son's an MBA. I love them to death. And boy can they both talk! But if you don't have a core professional skill it's difficult to keep yourself grounded in the real world. Image becomes reality. And then if your image isn't right, then you're nowhere. You start trying to look cool, except it's not cool to dress the same all the time. You should be able to wear a normal range of clothing, starting with appropriate business attire, like the people who buy your stuff. They have to wear a monkey suit, so you should, out of respect. I mean, you don't want people calling the cops when you walk into their building. [laugh]

Check that guitar buying suggestion thingy. And any used car buying. Or check cashing.

I could have done without watching that interview. At least I made it through three minutes before I started scanning. God bless the MBA's of the world. My Dad's an MBA and my son's an MBA. I love them to death. And boy can they both talk! But if you don't have a core professional skill it's difficult to keep yourself grounded in the real world. Image becomes reality. And then if your image isn't right, then you're nowhere. You start trying to look cool, except it's not cool to dress the same all the time. You should be able to wear a normal range of clothing, starting with appropriate business attire, like the people who buy your stuff. They have to wear a monkey suit, so you should, out of respect. I mean, you don't want people calling the cops when you walk into their building. [laugh]

MBAs learn a system to build widgets, count money, and make connections.

MBAs learn a system to build widgets, count money, and make connections.

I agree. Don't forget their years of study and experience with the difference between the Corporate Citizen and the Citizen. They are immersed in the advantages of having three or four balance sheets, each depending on whom the reader is. They are enamored of the tax advantages of corporate money over citizen money. They learn how to become one with the corporation. Sure, it has risks, but once they understand what they can do versus what they should do, business as personal bank becomes far more desirable than risky. It's a great way to run a company into the ground and cash out for yourself and in really egregious cases, cash out for the family!

rct

Archived