Gibson Brands Forums

Do you believe?

jimmiJAMM

Yes, I did and I agree that the music does not come from the instrument itself, it comes from the player. I'm talking about the shared energy produced between man & machine. I felt it the other night and I was truly amazed. I'm also not referring to the "relic-ness" real or induced. My vintage is looks brand new. This isn't a visual matter or some trumped up concept to sound cool. Not for me, anyway. I felt something special and seemed to play faster and with somewhat more purpose than usual. Whatever you call it, I feel it... I believe it... I like it!

I believe that MOJO consists of 2 things that must be in harmony before you can actually call it MOJO.

First, you must know how to play your instrument to some degree. As I get better as a player (and as we all know, mastering the guitar is a lifelong pursuit of most of us) I feel more MOJO. However, I do believe that finding the right instrument, with the right feel, the right materials, the right FIT, must be combined with ability to play.

Put those two things together, you get MOJO. But, not every time. Now we're getting into the vibe of the place you are playing. This place, if it has a good, moody vibe, can only enhance MOJO. When these three things are combined, then I experience otherworldliness.

Good topic. It makes me want to go and try to create some MOJO.

In the Nevada desert their are certain Indian tribes that still practice an old world ritual that they believe every boy must experiance to become a man.

That consists of snorting pure Mesculin thru a horn, and that Boy must experiance visions in a vision Quest to become a man.

It is said that this must be done until and sometimes over and over until the boys mind is open enough to experiance certain things or beings in his surrondings to enter his mind and show him his path in life and can only be done with an open state of mind.

An open state of mind is the only way one can fly and truly see, what most cannot.

If one can fly he will allow in and feel and see what most cannot

If one can fly he will allow in and feel and see what most cannot

Well said, max. Some buddies and I rented a boat in Arizona last summer and spent the entire day on the Colorado river after eating choco-shrooms for lunch. Saw and felt many things that day. Let's just leave it at that.

Kool man. So when I say to you "it's all in the state of mind your in" you dig man, right.

Cause doing that, out there (or anywhere), if you weren't in a good state of mind just before (and weren't reseptive to it), and you weren't a good rounded heathly individual (mentally).

You wouldn't of made it out there alive, from just after you'd puked.

Archived