Gibson Brands Forums

sit down and prepare yourself for...

american cheez

Wow, american cheez, that is one of the best Strats I have seen. I really dig your customization. I really like those LSR roller nuts a lot. My (non-Custom Chop) Jeff Beck Strat has one of those too. Mine does not have any string trees on it as that is how it comes. No problem if you do have these, but ever considered taking them off? Not that it takes away from the sweet look of your Bat-Strat, but just food for thought... I mean, if your strings aren't getting caught up on them when you do Trem pulls/dives, then no biggie. I almost think mine looks sort of naked without them as you expect to have them on the headstock. Anyhow, getting back to saying that your Strat is simply awesome looking and glad that you enjoy your fine guitar man. Best regards!

thanks for the awesome compliments! i put the trees on it because it has the holes for them, but you're right, i don't need them, i also have staggered tuners. if they turn into a problem i'll ditch them

[thumbup]

Lots of nice detail touches but my favourite is the red edged p'guard!

Where did you get it? Special order? V. Nice!

Now; get the peghead face sprayed black as well and some day-glow red Fender decals to finish it all off and you're all set to rid the world of Bad Stuff.

All kidding aside; Lovely Guitar!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

i DO need to get that peghead sprayed, you're 100% correct. i ordered the pickguard from warmoth. i made a strat just like this before, but it was red with a maple neck, and i used a seymour duncan instead of an evh frankie. it had a neck problem i couldnt fix, so i got rid of it.

lVQi4yT.jpg

Black is possibly the worst guitar color ever... but it works for strats....

Here is my 93 plus....

Eartha Kitt forever!

20190222-175956-2.jpg

1593807-C-457-E-4-E26-864-C-B363906-DDF1-F.gif

are those lace sensors? i was considering them, because warren haynes used them for a while. when i looked around online, lots of people said the older ones were great but the new ones not so much. i would be interested in hearing what you think of them vs. the stock singles that come in a strat.

as for ms kitt, i know lots of people think of her as a sex symbol. i'm just not one. but truth be told, halle berry, hot as she is, would ruin everything if she spoke.

[laugh]

are those lace sensors? i was considering them, because warren haynes used them for a while. when i looked around online, lots of people said the older ones were great but the new ones not so much. i would be interested in hearing what you think of them vs. the stock singles that come in a strat.

as for ms kitt, i know lots of people think of her as a sex symbol. i'm just not one. but truth be told, halle berry, hot as she is, would ruin everything if she spoke.

[laugh]

Yes those are I think second generation Fender marked (3 wire).

Just tonight I switched that guitar to a set of Gold. (Not hot gold)

I have an 89 Charvel with a fender marked set of red/silver/blue.

And a set of fender marked red/silver/blue in a partscaster.

I have had a set of newer hot golds in a loaded pickguard parts box, for a few years, but I haven’t tried them yet.

If you want to be sure and get the cool older model just make sure the say “fender lace sensor” there is a pre-1992ish 2 wire type that is good but I have never tried those.

Red/silver/blue is a good combo, but I also like blue/silver/silver or the gold set. 250k pots and a .022 cap.

Lace Sensors are my favorite strat pickups, I also like the Dimarzio HS pickups, and the Duncan YJM pickups. I had some custom shop fat 50’s that were ok, and I have a MIM HSS set that I like.

25-D724-FB-66-E7-4-B41-8847-7709-CDBBA03-E.jpg

AC24-FD8-F-1838-477-A-B1-F4-C7-A16-CBDABC4.jpg

Yes those are I think second generation Fender marked (3 wire).

Just tonight I switched that guitar to a set of Gold. (Not hot gold)

I have an 89 Charvel with a fender marked set of red/silver/blue.

And a set of fender marked red/silver/blue in a partscaster.

I have had a set of newer hot golds in a loaded pickguard parts box, for a few years, but I haven’t tried them yet.

If you want to be sure and get the cool older model just make sure the say “fender lace sensor” there is a pre-1992ish 2 wire type that is good but I have never tried those.

Red/silver/blue is a good combo, but I also like blue/silver/silver or the gold set. 250k pots and a .022 cap.

Lace Sensors are my favorite strat pickups, I also like the Dimarzio HS pickups, and the Duncan YJM pickups. I had some custom shop fat 50’s that were ok, and I have a MIM HSS set that I like.

25-D724-FB-66-E7-4-B41-8847-7709-CDBBA03-E.jpg

AC24-FD8-F-1838-477-A-B1-F4-C7-A16-CBDABC4.jpg

thanks! [thumbup]

Archived