Gibson Brands Forums

NGD , not a Gibson though

blindboygrunt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBG, check this video out. It's comparing "your" 2019 D-28 to a 1942 D-28. Very cool!

Lars

This dripping new video is a major find - thx

I (of course) would have preferred older broken in steel and wonder what they have on.

Mister Davids is great as always - he really owns the passion.

Was the old Marts forward shifted as well - guess yes, but they were also scalloped, weren't they. .

2 stellar dreads.

Thats a cool video, and I really like this guy and his YT vids, lot of fun.

Actually the best D-28's I ever played were at Twang Central in Adelaide. The modern one was a D-28 'Elvis' which just had something amazing about it.

But when I was there a month ago I had a chance to play a 1936 D-28 and two 30's D-18, yeah, there is a huge difference overall between the modern and vintage models.

Just like it is with Gibsons of course.

I see my thread had been moved

What's that mean ? Wheres it moved to ?

Would someone explain ?

No annoyance , just worry that I've done something out of order

Cheers

Edit , I've figured it's in the Gibson lounge, only place I ever visit on here is the acoustic room as that's my only real interest

Still not sure what motivated the move

What a wonderful guitar! I'd give my left arm to have a D-28, but then it might be hard to pick a guitar.

Not to take away from that purchase, but I would like to recommend anyone considering a Martin, check into Pre-War guitars. The make no bones about trying to copy Martins made before WWII.

Pre-War Guitars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkFo5n6Vcf4

Archived