Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson AES Classic - 1992 made in Bozeman, MT

OldGuitarGuy

They were aimed for a plug-n-play stage performer, so they had the arched maple back, cutaway, and on-board electronics, and a slightly thinner body (again, IIRC). Can't recall if these were all maple or maple backs and sides with spruce tops.... or if there were some of each.

Edited by J-1854Me

I just looked and every one I found that had come up for or was currently for sale was built in 1992 in black or red. Interesting as that is the same year Gibson came out with the Starburst line so maybe Bozeman was of the mind that acoustic/electric (or vice versa) cutaway guitars were going to be the next big thing.

Edited by zombywoof

Thanks. I’ve only found old ads where they were already sold, but haven’t found any currently available. Interesting.

You can learn a lot from old ads. What more do you need to know

Gibson Aes Classic (1992)

Acoustic / electric, cherry finish, double bound 15-7/8" body, Venetian cutaway, spruce top, maple back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, 20 frets, rosewood bridge, Gibson pickup / preamp system, vintage style tuners, 1-11/16" nut, 24-3/4" scale,

• 2 years later...

I have the Gibson AES Classic acoustic/ electric, mine is black and I can’t find any information on it anywhere it’s in excellent condition. I would like to find out how much it’s worth if anyone has and thought's on it could you let me know.