Gibson Brands Forums

A Raggy Blues on my Black Maton

BluesKing777

After talking about black top guitars, I grabbed my black Maton EBG808 and was playing some raggy country blues with a capo on the 3rd fret, thought I better hit the record button. 4 months old and opening out nicely but a bit tight with a capo... It is just a great guitar to play!

Here it is:

cCDRz7Hl.jpg

BluesKing777.

Nice to see, nice to hear. You're the best.

Thanks JZ!

On listening again, I could have put the mic a bit closer. But it sounded fine before the internet got it.

Usually very easy to record a 00 - put the mic in front and press "Go" - no boom to lose, basically get what you get.

BluesKing777.

Nice to see, nice to hear. You're the best.

Hey JZ...

A coward has put a minus one on your reply while failing to leave their name or a comment.

They are welcome to put their playing up or even their version of the blues I played. (but somehow I doubt they could even do the intro - it is surely one of 2 Maton haters, possibly the self appointed expert on everything who can prattle on about Martins on this forum but not Matons and who can't really play a C....) [flapper] Not much of a guess who...go and do some lessons.

BluesKing777.

I did a similar tune with the same guitar, but this time I plugged it in using the onboard pickup system to my Fishman Pro EQ and direct to my mixer and record.

It is a bit louder than the previous track and sounds a lot fuller. The secret recipe in the pickup system allows me to play bass notes and treble notes in fingerstyle without them both sounding like a Strat. Probably the main reason Tommy E sticks with them...

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/c-blues777b

BluesKing777.

Hey JZ...

A coward has put a minus one on your reply while failing to leave their name or a comment.

They are welcome to put their playing up or even their version of the blues I played. (but somehow I doubt they could even do the intro - it is surely one of 2 Maton haters, possibly the self appointed expert on everything who can prattle on about Martins on this forum but not Matons and who can't really play a C....) [flapper] Not much of a guess who...go and do some lessons.

BluesKing777.

The troll and his junk guitar are back. Sigh.. It was nice around here.

Jesus

Mind your head on the door frames on the way through them

So you are going to insult me too? You are welcome to post your version.

Hogeye insulted me again and I issued a challenge to him to post his version of my track, but like all bullies, nothing but hot air so far from that direction.

I thought perhaps the ‘new Gibson’ may have no room for bullies like Hogeye on their forum now, but the moderators are just letting it go until someone reports him. The other forums wouldn’t wear it.

And my ‘junk guitar’ is a wonderful fingerpicking guitar with lots of design input from Tommy Emmanuel, we are told. It is the same as Tommy’s guitar, except in black finish. Would Tommy play a junk guitar? Unlikely.

BluesKing777.

And here we go, back to the Maton channel ... wasnt he disappearing for good ?

Are you ever going to learn that people are NOT interested, or is your ego so big (and even more fragile) that you just cant see through your self proclaimed halo... ?

BK tested the water with the Cargill, noticed there wasnt too much backfire and now he's gone full tilt with the Maton. Have you considered that maybe people were just patient and courteus, it didnt mean its now a free for all for you again. Jesus, learn some decorum mate.

And here we go, back to the Maton channel ... wasnt he disappearing for good ?

Are you ever going to learn that people are NOT interested, or is your ego so big (and even more fragile) that you just cant see through your self proclaimed halo... ?

BK tested the water with the Cargill, noticed there wasnt too much backfire and now he's gone full tilt with the Maton. Have you considered that maybe people were just patient and courteus, it didnt mean its now a free for all for you again. Jesus, learn some decorum mate.

And of course the other Maton hater appears - the self appointed guitar expert that forgot something important.....how to play.

You can put your version of the track up too, if you like. Otherwise, blow it out your nose.

BluesKing777.

Am I getting this right ?

That because you can play this tune , very well I might add , no questioning your chops BK , but if you think that makes you wiser and better than others , then sorry but I can't be assed with that

I wasnt insulting YOU as such just voicing my amazement at the way you seem to think the world works

Imho, all of the insults in this thread display very poor form. How about trying to set a higher standard?

Regardless of that, the solution to this recurring problem would simply be to initially post these Maton, Martin, or Denny Zager threads where they belong - in the Lounge or Performance sections.

Am I getting this right ?

That because you can play this tune , very well I might add , no questioning your chops BK , but if you think that makes you wiser and better than others , then sorry but I can't be assed with that

I wasnt insulting YOU as such just voicing my amazement at the way you seem to think the world works

It is not about that all, BBG.

I probably didn’t even play a relatively easy tune very well.

The point is that the big mouths Hogeye and EuroAsie keep insulting me because the thread is about a Maton. It is just another guitar to me, but these 2 go rabid at the word Maton and seriously need psychiatric help. At the same time they can happily rabbit on about a Martin. Doesn’t make sense....

So I challenged both of them to come up with their versions of the tune to show their stuff instead of their usual hot air. I also challenged Hogeye to post his tracks last time he insulted my guitar playing, No replies. Zip.

Moderators, if you ever read this, I want to report Hogeye and EuroAussie for insulting me in this thread. Please take action to get rid of these poisonous people. (I will send a copy of this to the admins.)

BluesKing777.

I really enjoyed listening to the tracks! Really nice playing.

Love the black f-hole arch-top in the avatar pic, too. What is it exactly?

msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks for posting.

...the thread is about a Maton. It is just another guitar to me...

Without wanting to throw gasoline on the fire I don't get the 'hate' comments one little bit.

This is a Gibson forum and it goes without saying that we all love a good Gibson guitar but loads of us have posted threads where we play non-Gibson guitars. Where's the problem? As guitarists are we only expected to play one brand of guitar? Was Clapton only good on the days when he played a Les Paul/335/SG? Was Hendrix crap until he picked up the white SG Custom? The whole idea is ludicrous. If the OP had played a Martin D-28 in the clip would that have been OK somehow?

Am I missing something important here?

eusa_think.gif

Pip.

That is some great playing! Most Guitar players cannot play an acoustic like that, I know I can't. Reminds me how much I suck.

I wish you guys could come over and post clips like this without bringing over the drama. Can you guys keep that at your house?

...this was in the Acoustic forum and somehow turned up here...

I'm glad it did. I would have never had heard the clips had they stayed in the Acoustic sub-forum and it would have been my (our?) loss.

I don't own a Gibson acoustic and, subsequently, don't visit there.

Thanks again for posting. Really Nice Work!

P.

Thanks Pippy!

While I thought I may have been thrown to the wolves here, I see now that I have moved to where the nice people hang! [biggrin]

It has been a while since I touched an electric guitar though...doubt it would have been in this century.

BluesKing777.

Archived