Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jchadn

Hummingbird w/o Neck Binding?

This may sound silly, but I've always wanted a 'bird, but I have always hated neck binding on a guitar. Is there are year or model Hummingbird (not studio or pro) that does not have the neck binding?

What is it about binding that doesn't work for you?

I personally find the feel of a bound neck massively preferable to unbound. Seven of my ten have bound necks, with only my '35 Dobro M32, '67 J45 and very worn out old Cedar Takamine jumbo being unbound. I make allowances for those, but otherwise I just love a bound neck.

What is it about binding that doesn't work for you?

I personally find the feel of a bound neck massively preferable to unbound. Seven of my ten have bound necks, with only my '35 Dobro M32, '67 J45 and very worn out old Cedar Takamine jumbo being unbound. I make allowances for those, but otherwise I just love a bound neck.

+1 I actually prefer them... They play smooth & give the Guitars a much higher Class finished Custom appearance..

The studio is the closest one you can get.If you like a plain Jane Hummingbird, there's a Sheryl Crow one but with neck binding.

cDW5JAi.jpg

Edited by jimmyboy