Gibson Brands Forums

Help for a new forum member

TomPhx

Greetings everyone; I recently registered on the Gibson Forum but I can't access any features, like the search or PM functions. I attempted a post in the "Introduce Yourself" section, but it didn't work. Can one of the moderators please let me know what I need to do to fix this. I'm sure I must have missed something, but can't figure it out. Usually I'm not this needy. :) Thank you.

Because of spammers, it was made so any new member's first post had to be approved by a moderator. After that first post was approved, they were free to post like anyone else.

Then the spammers began registering as new users and sending private messages to many existing members, with the messages containing external links. It was then changed so that new members could no longer PM other members until they had been vetted by at least one post.

This has been inconvenient for new members but has saved a lot of trouble for the moderators and existing members.

Because of spammers, it was made so any new member's first post had to be approved by a moderator. After that first post was approved, they were free to post like anyone else.

Then the spammers began registering as new users and sending private messages to many existing members, with the messages containing external links. It was then changed so that new members could no longer PM other members until they had been vetted by at least one post.

This has been inconvenient for new members but has saved a lot of trouble for the moderators and existing members.

I can appreciate keeping spammers and other degenerates out of the area. I read about the most recent one disrupting things here, while I was lurking as an unregistered user. Everything seems to be working now. Thank you for the response.

Tom

I can appreciate keeping spammers and other degenerates out of the area. I read about the most recent one disrupting things here, while I was lurking as an unregistered user. Everything seems to be working now. Thank you for the response.

Tom

Tom, welcome to the Gibby Forum. [thumbup]

Archived