Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird

FemmeParallell

hello guys

someone locally is selling this Hummingbird, they mention is a 2013 but i dont remember seeing this color (vintage sunburst?) for the 2013 line up

cant find any info online, nor one for sale, if someone happen to know specs or have info i would appreciated it

i am considering it, i havent played it, but would like to know a little bit more about it first. I've always wanted a cherry sunburst Hummingbird, but if this one sounds GREAT i wouldnt mind the color that much

https://imgur.com/a/fsuqxRh

All you can say from the one photo is that it's a white label hummingbird in vintage sunburst, which is unusual for a 'bird, but not unknown. It may be a standard series, since it has rotomatic tuners. The case looks like an upgrade from the standard Gibson case.

Any more pictures available?

Pretty rare Bird with based on the classic square Southern Jumbo burst. They come like this now and again and I believe they rock.

Nick is probably right - spec-wise it's what equals a Std. Hummingbird.

Compared to the True Vintage or torrefied post-2016 Vintage, a version with slightly

slimmer back-braces, neck c-bindings over the fret-ends, Roto-tuners and a ('cuse me) simpler p-guard.

This could very well be a great Hummingbird. Absolutely worth driving out trying.

Good Luck, , , and send a report.

Archived