Gibson Brands Forums

My Lightbulb Broke?

Murph

My compact fluorescent bulb in the bathroom got broken in a really weird accident I'd rather not discuss.....

Well, I would, but not in this forum...................

Anyhow, I don't know what to do......

Can I just sweep it up, and throw it in the trash?

Or, do I need to call someone?

I'd hate to break the law.

Help...................

Murph.

Baby diapers have a longer half life than uranium. Sweep it up' date=' put it in a disposable diaper, wrap it in duct tape. It will be landfill safe for millions of years.[/quote']

FUNNY, ChanMan!

See, that's what happens when we worry more about plants than humans. Now, because we wanted to save a few plants that would grow back long after we're gone, now we have to worry about dying a horrible death just by changing light bulbs!

See' date=' that's what happens when we worry more about plants than humans. Now, because we wanted to save a few plants that would grow back long after we're gone, now we have to worry about dying a horrible death just by changing light bulbs!

[/quote']

dont endanger yourself, but there is no reason to live with reckless carelessness twords the environment. If you can recycle, or dispose of garbage in a environmentally friendly way, y wouldnt you?

dont endanger yourself' date=' but there is no reason to live with reckless carelessness twords the environment. If you can recycle, or dispose of garbage in a environmentally friendly way, y wouldnt you?[/quote']

I agree with you to a point jessonoah. I believe we shouldn't be reckless, but the enviromental crazies who pushed the mercury filled light bulbs on us (even though they kill us) in the name of saving the planet is just crazy.

But I now have a great idea! We can use the shamwow to clean up the mercury from now on. Thanks to Harmonichaos for giving me the idea. I'm gonna be rich!

THIS IS HOW STUPID THIS HAS BECOME............

The fact that anybody could take this thread serious pisses me off. I dump my used motor oil back in the ground that it came from. I burn my garbage if I'm in the mood.

Treehuggers use paper, everyday.

Beam me up........

Murph.

THIS IS HOW STUPID THIS HAS BECOME............

The fact that anybody could take this thread serious pisses me off. I dump my used motor oil back in the ground that it came from. I burn my garbage if I'm in the mood.

Treehuggers use paper' date=' everyday.

Beam me up........

Murph.[/quote']

=D> +1

I can't tell you how many fluorescent bulbs I've broken (accidentally or on purpose because they are big and fun) and had to clean up. I haven't seen any adverse effec.. wait, what was I saying? Momma.. is that you? Is it time for my soup now?

My compact fluorescent bulb in the bathroom got broken in a really weird accident I'd rather not discuss.....

Well' date=' I would, but not in this forum...................

Anyhow, I don't know what to do......

Can I just sweep it up, and throw it in the trash?

Or, do I need to call someone?

I'd hate to break the law.

Help...................

Murph.[/quote']

Sweep it up Murph. I don't think anyone would notice the difference in you.

LOL

Archived