Gibson Brands Forums

Robbie Fulks

livemusic

I just happened to luck up and view an online streaming show by Robbie Fulks on a channel I watch such shows. I pay a few bucks to watch. This was so good, I gave him an online cash tip. Wow, this cat has got it going on. Do you guys know of him? I've checked him out now and then and finally saw this full show. He is a terrific guitar player! Good singer, good writer. It's a blend of what I would call folk music with some bluegrass type songs, a bit of country. Mind you, he was playing a Martin (EDIT: I don't know the brand, I know he owns a Collings) dreadnaught and his sidekick was a fantastic fiddle player. I also note Robbie mic'd his guitar (only).

I recall he has written some irreverent songs, I need to buy some of his music because I like that kind of writing. Here is one below. Warning, dirty word title to this gem, lol. He didn't play this song in the show I saw (or this style), it was a tad more 'conservative' but his irreverence still shown through via his witty commentary. He's very funny. His niche is NOT mainstream country, as they would get mad and leave due to his irreverence. For the rest of us, he's a breath of fresh air, lol.

You don't see it below, but one more time, this cat can flat play a guitar. His fiddle player was also fantastic and sang real good harmony, very bluesgrassy stuff.

Oh yeah!. I stumbled across him on YT one evening about a decade ago, and have been a fan ever since. He's very a very very talented singer, writer, and player. His body of work is all over the place, from bluegrass to rock 'n roll. Go see him live if you get the chance.

Archived