Gibson Brands Forums

WTB 2.0 j100...but I extended the dates

jchadn

After talking to a few of the members (thank you!) I've extended the date range in which my j100 could be born! I am looking for a j100 anywhere from 1989 to the early 2000s. I definitely want the burst and am pretty sure I want hog over maple.

I strum 90% of the time and it will be my only guitar. I'll lead worship occasionally in a small group with 15ish people singing along and no amplification... So it needs to be loud!

I've had a j100 before and I loved it, so that's what I think I'm going with.

You know you know a guy!

Out of interest, why the specific date range? There have been a ton of great J100s built over the last 30yrs. I have a '41 Reissue SJ100 from 2014 which is fantastic, one of my favourite guitars out of any I've owned. I like 'em so much that when I had to sell my previous one to finance a car repair, I sought out another as soon as possible.

It's light as a feather and chock full of boom, chime and purr. Every bit as good as my SJ200, just different, largely due to the Mahogany back and sides. Well worth checking out.

I've actually JUST sold my 1990 Hummingbird, unfortunately another car issue (different issue and different car, a clutch this time!) Meant I had to liquidate some assets. I'm extremely sad to see it go. Absolutely wonderful guitar. I do like the early '90s Gibsons a lot.

Archived