Gibson Brands Forums

Hey AXE, Neo, Thunder, Rich, ect.....

Murph

Dave where you been?

I'm in good old Beantown... I'll be here until Wednesday when I fly back to Spain. One interesting thing... I have been asking people here in Boston, like my brother and some of his friends, if they themselves or if they are seeing many people affected by the economy. The answer has been that things are slow, work maybe off by 25% or so but no one is loosing their houses or jobs... I was particularly interested in this because a English (from England) guy where I work in Spain has been telling me that things are really going to get bad in the states... That there will be riots in the streets, That there will be food lines and crimes will rise out of desperation... I wasn't believing any of it so I thought I'd ask around when I got here. Of course things may be better in Boston or in the New England states than in other parts of the country. That guy at work told me while I was here visiting my mother to stock up on food, water and non perishable things for the house. Now he gets all his news from the internet. Sites like www.whatreallyhappened.com He is convinced that the networks and all cable news is corrupt and hiding the truth from us. So far I have not seen the gloom and doom that he is predicting. I do see a lot of hysteria on the news though.... So I have to wonder if its hype or factual....

I'm in good old Beantown... I'll be here until Wednesday when I fly back to Spain. One interesting thing... I have been asking people here in Boston' date=' like my brother and some of his friends, if they themselves or if they are seeing many people affected by the economy. The answer has been that things are slow, work maybe off by 25% or so but no one is loosing their houses or jobs... I was particularly interested in this because a English (from England) guy where I work in Spain has been telling me that things are really going to get bad in the states... That there will be riots in the streets, That there will be food lines and crimes will rise out of desperation... I wasn't believing any of it so I thought I'd ask around when I got here. Of course things may be better in Boston or in the New England states than in other parts of the country. That guy at work told me while I was here visiting my mother to stock up on food, water and non perishable things for the house. Now he gets all his news from the internet. Sites like www.whatreallyhappened.com He is convinced that the networks and all cable news is corrupt and hiding the truth from us. So far I have not seen the gloom and doom that he is predicting. I do see a lot of hysteria on the news though.... So I have to wonder if its hype or factual....[/quote']

Well it's bad here in the rust belt. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs. My home town is better described as a low rent district. The whole town. Worst I've ever seen. Even the few that still have their jobs are going through roller coaster lay offs. They go to work on a Friday and find out they will be laid off for the next 3 weeks. They are going through this about every couple of months. Sucks to be here. No riots yet. They're coming.

Well it's bad here in the rust belt. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs. My home town is better described as a low rent district. The whole town. Worst I've ever seen. Even the few that still have their jobs are going through roller coaster lay offs. They go to work on a Friday and find out they will be laid off for the next 3 weeks. They are going through this about every couple of months. Sucks to be here. No riots yet. They're coming.

This same guy is telling me that the "Government" has built 80 detention camps across the United States... These detention camps are said to have been built for illegal aliens but he claims they have been built for US citizens when the civil unrest/riots start...

This same guy is telling me that the "Government" has built 80 detention camps across the United States... These detention camps are said to have been built for illegal aliens but he claims they have been built for US citizens when the civil unrest/riots start...

It may end up being a healthy alternative if they have food and I or my kids are starving.

Wow never expected that answer.... So you think its gonna get that bad?

The area I live in is all automotive, if the auto companies don't survive this downturn I don't know what to expect. Virtually all of the local business feed the auto plants in some way, or are feed by them. You should take a look at Detroit,MI or Flint. It will be like that only everywhere. It's a scary proposition.

In my experience it gets your amp's sound better: I've noticed a lack of some frequencies when using the "new" sm57, but when using sennheiser mics its all there. I thinks its built better too.

The way the "capsule" is positioned lets you have better response, and at the same time, you can really hang from the handle of the amp and forget about it (it's designed for that as the thing faces the amp when hanging down, something a sm57 doesnt).

It also looks great and costs about the same (100 bucks); if you want to step up from it, you can take a look at the e906... costs 180-200 (but I dont think it's 200% better than the 609... maybe 10%)

Pics:

AC30_web.jpg

from MFers:

494094.jpg

245518.jpg

245517.jpg

Anyhow' date=' what's your opinion on my old SM58 hangin' off the Boogie?

It's the way I've always done it, but I have a pimple faced sound kid tellin' me I need to change my ways.

Murph.[/quote']

I'd say if the pimple-faced sound kid wants it on a stand - let him set it up for ya. As long as it's deep enough in the stage that it won't get kicked around it will sound great on a stand - lets you play with the angle of the mic and the speaker cone more. But for good old all around utility the hang it over the top method always served me well (though I used the SM57 as others have mentioned). If you do use a stand try one of those short, iron base, table top types. They are small sturdy and stay in place. No need for some big boom stand with a combo amp.

Archived