Gibson Brands Forums

Great afternoon

generaldreedle

You're gonna just have to do a video BK

I can do 4 videos at once, BBG, but it will take til Xmas to download them on my stupid broadband.

Besides the point though, why would anyone make out they were me? You know it is me playing anyway surely, after all these years.

I could do a few second snippet, ha ha, with my Maton and load that fairly quickly. What do you want to hear?

BluesKing777.

I can do 4 videos at once, BBG, but it will take til Xmas to download them on my stupid broadband.

Besides the point though, why would anyone make out they were me? You know it is me playing anyway surely, after all these years.

I could do a few second snippet, ha ha, with my Maton and load that fairly quickly. What do you want to hear?

BluesKing777.

Well, here you are.......

A quick low rez snippet on my phone - guitar is my Waterloo WL-14X - playing my acoustic version of St Louis Blues, which I also posted a Soundcloud track of the other week..

BluesKing777.

Ah let hogeye pick eh 😏

I thought your job was something to do with computers , slow broad and in this day and age ?

Tell me about it!

They rolled out a super broadband country wide but they cheaped out 3 Prime Mininsters ago on areas that had existing (slow) broadband and instead of (correct me anyone if I am wrong)..’node to node’ (read - really fast) they joined the nodes in my area to the existing copper wire. ( medium fast), but something has gone wrong and everyone wants their money back.

Either way, there is a quick vid and Hee Haw can smoke it.

BluesKing777.

Well, here you are.......

A quick low rez snippet on my phone - guitar is my Waterloo WL-14X - playing my acoustic version of St Louis Blues, which I also posted a Soundcloud track of the other week..

BluesKing777.

BK - phenomenal as always. It must be our lucky week - we had a video showing full SAL (not the full Monte) and even more rare, this of yourself. Gonna go get a lottery ticket! And really, for the sounds you get out of that thing, you made it look easy!

Well, I suppose that’s him... the guitar player even signed out as BK,right? riiight. But from that camera angle, coulda been a sunburst Maton though. 😎.

So, BK(7)^3- just how high is that low e string? Looks to be .110-> .115 from here. Got one set up that high as well- it’s fairly dealwithable, but fairly loud as well.

By your leave, OP General Dree.

Well, I suppose that’s him... the guitar player even signed out as BK,right? riiight. But from that camera angle, coulda been a sunburst Maton though. 😎.

So, BK(7)^3- just how high is that low e string? Looks to be .110-> .115 from here. Got one set up that high as well- it’s fairly dealwithable, but fairly loud as well.

By your leave, OP General Dree.

It is a great guitar with a great setup and the string is fine. Must be the stupid lens and angle I had the phone. (Leaning on my music stand). Also, when I was recording, I could see my whole guitar on the screen and fairly sure it was all there before Vimeo processed the file......

BluesKing777.

Dammit, BK, I've asked you at least 4 times on the forum to see a clip so I could check out your fingerpicking, and what do we get...only your fret hand! Can't win.

What an amazing sound quality dif though, after getting used to all your various HQ mixes! Someone gave me a skype cam w/condenser mic so I'll check out what that can do.

Anyway, thanks! Always nice stuff from you.

Will be no more vids until they fix my broadband- literally ran the file to the Vimeo, fine, they processed it and processed it and downloaded the file I suppose - went for a shower, went to the supermarket and it was loaded when I got back! [rolleyes]

Glad I didn't do another verse.......

If I get it sorted, maybe, you can use a videocam and run a lead out of my mixer with a nice sound to replace the cam mic sound. Or I could run the sound while miming on the cam :rolleyes:

Or just stick to mixing the beautiful Neumann mic I have to sound only!

BluesKing777.

Archived