Gibson Brands Forums

Gay Marriage?

Homz

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why not?

it makes me lmao when i hear social conservatives going on and on about the sancity of marriage' date=' etc.

with a hetero divorce rate of >50%, how much more of a mockery can gay people really make it?[/quote'] Listen to ANYTHING (so-called) conservatives go on and on about:

1. Gay marriage - Has nothing to do with whether or not gays are married, they just do it out of disgust for homsexuality. If gays want it, they DON'T want it. Homosexuality is a disorder, like so many others disorders that arent discriminated against on such a large scale level. As long as it is not FORCED onto churches to perform the marriages, there is nothing wrong with it.

2. Guns - The liberals are gonna vote your guns away! :) Sounds like "The sky is falling!" doesnt it? I'm not sure how many countless times I have to explain to idiots that it wont happen because most politicians are smart enough to know that they wont be re-elected if they vote for this (especially if it somehow passed), many of THEM own guns and lastly the people simply wouldnt give them up. Imagine the logisitics of enforcing this. Its not financially possible, bad for our national harmony and bad for our national defense. I wish people would stop listening to NRA propoganda. All they are doing is sponging these people for membership fees.

3. Abortion - They ADORE capital punishment and war, yet loathe abortion. Wow, no contradiction there huh? "Thou shalt not kill" didnt have stipulations or exceptions written after it in the Bible I used to read. Maybe it does now

4. Terrorism - "Conservatives" think terrorism is a geographical location that can be invaded and bombed. Then theres that insanely idiotic line "We're fighting them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here". Which is a big worry due to Iraq/Afghanistan's massive air force and naval fleets. Not to mention their highly technological missile technology...oh....wait...they dont have any of those things. Oh wait I know, they are going to pack their guns up, fly over here on Continental and invade us via our airports. Or maybe they will fashion canoes out of sand and paddle over here. Better sure up our Coast Guard!!!! How stupid can people be? Seriously?! O:)

The enviroment - Many "conservatives" are "devout" Christians (1-2 hours a week, if it fits their schedule). They claim to thank God and praise him for his marvelous Creation. Then when the "hippie, tree-hugger liberals" try to tell them how we are destroying it, they are scorned for it. Go wrap your mind around THAT 1. Also global warming. "Well this is one of the coldest winters we ever had, that global warming stuff is bullcrap". Ya , maybe it would have been even colder if not for...(wait for it)... GLOBAL WARMING!! "Oh global warming is BS, its a natural cycle. There werent factories and cars back in the 1500s when there was global warming". More small minded thinking. Did they ever stop to think that there could be more then 1 cause to global warming? Geepers! +:-@

Money (taxes) - Again many "conservatives" are Christians. One of Jesus many lessons was that money is the root of all evil. Yet these "Christians" cry about every penny that they are taxed. That "evil" money shouldnt matter much to them, right? "Give to Caeser what is Caesers" right?

I can go on and on with the hypocrisy, theres a bit to chew on for now.

I dont aprove it' date=' I dont care about conservative talk, my reason is, those people shouldnt be encouraged to act as they do. If you let them get married then they will think they can ask for anything, next thing you have them trying to adopt kids so they can turn them into faggots too.

You can say whatever you want to, but a "family" shouldnt be any 2 guys that want to hump each other and think they know how to raise a puppy. (I am not a religious person, nor am I a conservative... hell, maybe I am a little of a conservative).[/quote'] First, they dont need encouraged. Second, what do you base the "adopt them to turn them into faggots" assumption on? Are all these gay wedding planners secretly trying to turn those couples gay? Thats an absurd assumption. I really hope you are kidding

TG' date=' how does what they do effect your life?

[/quote']

They dont, as long as they are kept at bay by the law (by not giving them "the same rights" sorry guys) I think if they start giving them the right to get married things will worsen...

I remember there was a time when being a homosexual was not a good thing (it still is IMO, sorry again). But now that it is a good thing you have them everywhere and not all of them know how to behave, that's where/when they have an effect in other peoples lives.

For example... 10 years ago you went to see a movie and there was a gay couple there.. they behaved or they were told to leave.

Right now you go see a movie and 75% of the people there are homosexuals, 10% of them will do as they please and you can't say a thing because "you are discriminating" the whole 75% of the people there.

Maybe I did not explain myself in the first post... what I meant was: stop giving minorities special treatment, they are not the minority anymore, they preach about them being the same as "the majority" but they want speciall rights.

Why should a gay guy be allowed to marry his couple for (as someone noted) financial/tax reasons?

Can a guy "marry" his brother or make a contract with his best friend that lives with him for financial/tax reasons? I dont think so!

First' date=' they dont need encouraged. Second, what do you base the "adopt them to turn them into faggots" assumption on? Are all these gay wedding planners secretly trying to turn those couples gay? Thats an absurd assumption. I really hope you are kidding[/quote']

No man, I just wrote it all kind of wrong and in a way most of you guys wouldnt understand my point.

I could go on and on but maybe I would not explain myself.

I will say tho... that I have 2 gay "friends" (used to have 3), all of them I know since we were kids... all of them were a little girly when we were kids and when they came out it was no surprise. The 2 of them that I'm still friends with behave as "normal people" as they say they are.

But one of them (which I try to avoid since he came out of the closet) acts like everyone has to have care about everything when around him... if you say "I dont like birds" he takes it as an anty-gay coment and will turn everyone against you... and he is always on the prowl for young guys (that might not be gay but a guy with lots of money can make them feel confortable with anything dont you think?)... which makes me want to kick him in the face.

And that brings me to the comment I made about gay couples adopting children to make them gay... I know (becasue of that a-hole and some of his close friends) that there are idiots like him around recruiting young guys. That sickens me man. That makes me think if they get married and are allowed to adopt, they will end up not giving their child the choice, they will just make him gay and that's it, and what else would you expect of a kid that grows up "knowing" men can hump other men?

It's just like the teacher that f-cks his students... or like any figure of authority that wants to have things his way, being a figure of authority will give him an advantage and that is not fair for the other person.

They dont' date=' as long as they are kept at bay by the law (by not giving them "the same rights" sorry guys) I think if they start giving them the right to get married things will worsen...

I remember there was a time when being a homosexual was not a good thing (it still is IMO, sorry again). But now that it is a good thing you have them everywhere and not all of them know how to behave, that's where/when they have an effect in other peoples lives.

For example... 10 years ago you went to see a movie and there was a gay couple there.. they behaved or they were told to leave.

Right now you go see a movie and 75% of the people there are homosexuals, 10% of them will do as they please and you can't say a thing because "you are discriminating" the whole 75% of the people there.

Maybe I did not explain myself in the first post... what I meant was: stop giving minorities special treatment, they are not the minority anymore, they preach about them being the same as "the majority" but they want speciall rights.

Why should a gay guy be allowed to marry his couple for (as someone noted) financial/tax reasons?

Can a guy "marry" his brother or make a contract with his best friend that lives with him for financial/tax reasons? I dont think so![/quote'] I was wondering what Rick Santorum has been doing with his time. Didnt know he was a big Gibson fan. 75% of the theater are gays? Where do you live? San Francisco? Wow, i didnt know being allowed to be married like anyone else is a "special right". I also didnt know that a majority of people are gay. Wow, he HAS TO be kidding at this point. You had me going there for a second TG.

What stops a heterosexual couple from marrying for economic/tax reasons?

What makes you think a homosexual couple is more willing to do it for such reasons?

I dont know man... most of them when asked why they want to get married say they want to be able to share with their couple and blah blah blah... someone else brought it up in other post (before mine).

And... what reasons would they have to marry each other? (maybe the answer to that question will change my mind)

I was wondering what Rick Santorum has been doing with his time. Didnt know he was a big Gibson fan. 75% of the theater are gays? Where do you live? San Francisco? Wow' date=' i didnt know being allowed to be married like anyone else is a "special right". I also didnt know that a majority of people are gay. Wow, he HAS TO be kidding at this point. You had me going there for a second TG. [/quote']

Just exagerating a little for graphic purposes...=D>

But really.. .why would they want to get married? Could somebody please answer that..?

I'm all for gay marriage .

1) More gay men = more straight chicks for me .

End Of My Discussion ...

That's what I needed to hear... you chance my mind AXE... I am all for gay marriage too now...

That's why I always say AXE is tha man... he knows all the correct answers:-"

Black people should never have been allowed to ride in the front of the bus.... Next thing you know they will want equal rights... Women should never have been given the right to vote, next thing you know they will want to be in politics... Gays should not be allowed to get married, next thing you know they may want to keep the house and possessions they built together.

Thunder I didn't think you were a homophob.... I think what bothers you are the nelly fem type gays that you see in the gay pride day parades. I don't particularly like those types either but that's they way they are, they can't help it. The gay Policeman, Fireman, Doctor, Lawyer or Business man that wants to live with their partners shouldn't be discriminated against... Some one you know or someone in your family or someone you love may be gay and you don't know it. Would you loose the friendship or love of a life long relation with someone because they choose to sleep with someone of the same sex? If you do you loose....

No man' date=' I just wrote it all kind of wrong and in a way most of you guys wouldnt understand my point.

I could go on and on but maybe I would not explain myself.

I will say tho... that I have 2 gay "friends" (used to have 3), all of them I know since we were kids... all of them were a little girly when we were kids and when they came out it was no surprise. The 2 of them that I'm still friends with behave as "normal people" as they say they are.

But one of them (which I try to avoid since he came out of the closet) acts like everyone has to have care about everything when around him... if you say "I dont like birds" he takes it as an anty-gay coment and will turn everyone against you... and he is always on the prowl for young guys (that might not be gay but a guy with lots of money can make them feel confortable with anything dont you think?)... which makes me want to kick him in the face.

And that brings me to the comment I made about gay couples adopting children to make them gay... I know (becasue of that a-hole and some of his close friends) that there are idiots like him around recruiting young guys. That sickens me man. That makes me think if they get married and are allowed to adopt, they will end up not giving their child the choice, they will just make him gay and that's it, and what else would you expect of a kid that grows up "knowing" men can hump other men?

It's just like the teacher that f-cks his students... or like any figure of authority that wants to have things his way, being a figure of authority will give him an advantage and that is not fair for the other person.

[/quote'] "Friends"? Ok not sure what the quotes mean but ok. Sounds like distancing to me. Your one gay "friend" who finds homphobia behind every comment is a paranoid delusional. There are STRAIGHT paranoid delusionals too ya know, right? They all pick different topics of paranoia. His happens to be that.

Now to the comment about gay couples that adopt kids (more or less) to make them gay. That is a HUGELY rare (honestly I'm not even sure its done) phenomenon. Seriously, do you think one of the parents sits down with his boy and says "You will date and have sex with MEN young man or you're grounded!"? Come on dude, you have to be kidding me with this stuff. No one can be MADE gay by talking. Homosexuality is a chemical imbalance. Stop listening to Pat Robertson or whoever feeds you this crap.

Then to the comment of someone learning that "sometimes men hump other men". Ok, its true right? So kids shouldnt know the truth. Thats a better idea, lets just deny the truth and maybe truth will change. Reality isnt easy to deal with man, but you have to.

Look let me close with this. I would be the first person giggling/vomiting into my mouth if i drove by some church and saw some recently wed gays kissing. Same thing I would feel if i saw someone eating snails. So what? Thats my problem. If I dont like it, then I shouldnt marry a dude or eat snails.

But really.. .why would they want to get married? Could somebody please answer that..?

Beats me, I can't understand why anyone needs to get married, period.

Look at divorce rates these days, I think society has changed and marriage, for a lot of people, is an outmoded concept particularly when they don't want to put in the effort to make it work. If I meet a girl who I want to spend the rest of my life with I certainly don't need a piece of paper to make it 'official'.

Thunder I didn't think you were a homophob....

I wouldnt say I am but since they made names for everything... and not liking any given thing is bad and makes one a bad person (there will come a time when not liking chocolate' date=' or guitars will be a bad thing and you will be labeled a guitarphob or chocolatephob) the world is just sick, why cant we chose to not like them (or anyone/anything) without being labeled? that's what pisses me off the most.

I think what bothers you are the nelly fem type gays that you see in the gay pride day parades.

Indeed.

The gay Policeman' date=' Fireman, Doctor, Lawyer or Business man that wants to live with their partners shouldn't be discriminated against[/quote']

I agree. Nothing against them.

Look let me close with this. I would be the first person giggling/vomiting into my mouth if i drove by some church and saw some recently wed gays kissing. Same thing I would feel if i saw someone eating snails. So what? Thats my problem. If I dont like it' date=' then I shouldnt marry a dude or eat snails. [/quote']

I agree... and sorry if my comments offended anyone here, it was just my opinion and was just asking the question (there was a question in the thread, wasnt it?). Maybe I should just have answered "no" and left it at that.

Archived