Gibson Brands Forums

Pickups

AndyK

My 2013 SG has 57 Classics. They are more powerful than the Custombuckers in my 2013 R0. And the Custombuckers are more powerful than whatever is in my 2012 LP Custom Shop Custom (Burstbuckers?).

I thought the p/us in Customs were supposed to have more grunt than a Standard?

Anyway, what nice p/us would go in my Custom? I had/have a LP Standard with factory fitted Seymour Duncans - they were powerful, but had no warmth whatsoever.

My 2013 SG has 57 Classics. They are more powerful than the Custombuckers in my 2013 R0. And the Custombuckers are more powerful than whatever is in my 2012 LP Custom Shop Custom (Burstbuckers?).

Anyway, what nice p/us would go in my Custom? I had/have a LP Standard with factory fitted Seymour Duncans - they were powerful, but had no warmth whatsoever.

I went through 4 sets of pickups in my 2014 SG before I settled on Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pros. A lot of it is personal preference, but that was finally the perfect tone for me.

I have a set of Seymour Duncan Seth lovers in an SG of mine and they are so awesome. To me they bring the natural wood tone out of the guitar

I love them. If I ever sell it I will take them out and replace with another set. I do not think you would be disappointed but if your looking for high out put pick ups I think you would want to look elsewhere.

As far as I know the Custom from that period would have 490r and 498t pickups?

I had those on my 2006 SG and the DC resistance of the neck pickup was like 2x the bridge pickup it seems like they might be really inconsistent from the factory

You could check if your guitar has 300K or 500K pots. If your guitar has 300K pots, changing them to 500K could fix your problem

Archived