Gibson Brands Forums

Now they've dropped the Firebird?

SteveFord

It will probably be back. It seems they are still sorting the website out? The thing I'm most concerned about is that there are no archtops listed at all, not even the ES 175. Talking of gibson.com, sadly the 'tech tips' section has gone which I found a useful reference sometimes.

1552951231[/url]' post='1983028']

It will probably be back. It seems they are still sorting the website out? The thing I'm most concerned about is that there are no archtops listed at all, not even the ES 175. Talking of gibson.com, sadly the 'tech tips' section has gone which I found a useful reference sometimes.

I miss all the info the old website hade. For what they've done to the new site,and now all the broken links to Gibson.com when googling, I just don't see the value or justification to their actions....

They should have just left the site info and old site up an added to it, or at the very least leave it up until finished with the new one.

Either way, they are losing lots of potential traffic/sales to their website by not leaving all the previous info up and available on the website. Unusual to say the least!

I miss all the info the old website hade. For what they've done to the new site,and now all the broken links to Gibson.com when googling, I just don't see the value or justification to their actions....

They should have just left the site info and old site up an added to it, or at the very least leave it up until finished with the new one.

Either way, they are losing lots of potential traffic/sales to their website by not leaving all the previous info up and available on the website. Unusual to say the least!

Yes, I agree. It does seem strange to delete everything from the old site as there was lots of valuable information. I hope many of the pages come back at least in a different format or even an archival type thing.

Yeah, I don't understand why it takes Gibson so long to update their site properly.. They should be THE FIRST place to get the information on their own products.. Even now when you press the expand button nothing happens, when you press the colour alternatives nothing happens and theres only one picture of the guitar up..??? Sort it out Gibson....

Every year when they release the new models you can find more info on the dealers sites than you can on the Gibson one. Been like that for ages.

What was good about the old site was all the information about previous year's models as well as other tech info about setup specs etc.

Now they will no longer have model year designations, just the "core models" as outlined at the recent NAMM show.

Yeah. Total rookie mistake canning the old site and all the content instead of... well... whatever the pros do. It's like coming into a business and immediately throwing out all the old records. Yeah but... uh... but we had a thing going...

Some people could put a button-down shirt on backwards and not notice. [lol]

Archived