Gibson Brands Forums

SG Custom Repair

I have a 1965 Sg Custom I got in 1969.I was going to refinish it in 73 when I was living in Detroit. I took all parts off the guitar and put them in a box. My house was broke into and the box was stolen and other things. I put the guitar back together with all other parts. I would like to get the right pick guard and Maestro tail piece and etc. Will the Gibson repair and restore help me get these parts and restore it. I know they have the parts because thry have reissue of the same guitar even Epiphone has the pick guard the name plate at bottom of neck.I don't really care about the pickups etc. Yet would love to have the right cosmetics. I am willing to take the guitar there for authentic identification.I would talk to them by phone but I can't get them to answer. You would think just like a car if you need a replacement part you can get it.Any help appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ole Hawk;

While the parts you seek might be available, i doubt you will be able to buy them directly (unless you see them listed on this site under the gear tab at the top of the page).  i would guess that you will have to find an authorized dealer and obtain the parts through them. Failing that keeping an eye on ebay reverb, kijji etc.

Johnny