Gibson Brands Forums

Photographing Guitars: Camera?

brians356

Glad to see SOMEONE is still using bonafide film once in a while. Too many Kodak moments have been lost while I wait for the !()#$@#&*$ digital camera to boot up.

the 1ds mk2 i use is digital :-$)

16 megapixel outstanding quality.

boots up instantly and is as very reliable. Shoots 4 frames a second with a max of 32 shots in full quality.

When i was saying about film speeds and iso's, in case of confusion,

if you look in the settings in your digital camera

you will find the iso settings. these are film speed settings.

effectivly instead of changing a film to a more or less reactive one

you are making the same adjustment to the cmos sensor of your digital camera.

Hope this helps. :o)

Chaps,

Since I started this thread, I feel entitled to rein it in. Thanks for all the replies and bounty of tips and tricks. Since this is a guitar forum, I feel I need to respectfully ask for us to close the book on this thread, before we incur the wrath of some god-like being hovering above. Thanks! O:)

They's nothin' wrong with discussin' the art of picture takin' as we specifically are interested in takin' glamor shots of our beloveded guit tars.

So there... nya!

Nya!

Well said =D>

Nothing worse than a bad picture.

Another quick tip

if your taking a nice picture of your beloved guitar

look through your lens or at your lcd screen and see what your taking before you push the shutter,

pictures that have background distractions are exactly that, 'distracting'.

Try and remove background clutter or get in closer to your subject.

Look at gibsons product shots. No clutter in them!

Right that's it from rockin365's photography tips, +:-@

unless anyone needs help understanding drawing with light.

you only have to ask!

evening to ya'll. have a good one.

I have to hand it to ES-335 who took his J-45 portrait. Beautifully composed. Clear background of a highly contrasting color white vs dark cremona brown burst. Gibson on the case is just right and the pick under the B string says, "come on over big boy... and play me."

Tuneitfred's ... Taylor? Laravee? Who's logo is that Wicka symbol? Anyways, nicely done. Accentuates the long and lean.

Not much for in-the-case-shots. Kind of like havin' the relatives stand up for a collective mug shot at the family reunion. Everyone stiff as a board. Maybe they're just too two dimensional. capturing a bit of side makes for an interesting pic.

TommyK

The guitar in question is an Alvarez-Yairi JY-10. It is Gibson J-200 size.

I just bought another light stand and umbrella for my strobes today. I love Gibsons, Nikons, music, girls, Bourgeois, Diet 7-up, and Red Wing boots (not necessarily in that order). Live is good! Here's a better shot of the headstock.

DSC_3367.jpg

Archived