Gibson Brands Forums

Aloha from Maui 😎

JakeDaSnake

Aloha!

I just received my J-15. It’s a beauty in appearance and tone. I’ll post a photo or two soon. I’m committed to improving both my play and the guitar’s tone by playing it a lot (when I’m not playing 5 string banjo or diatonic harmonica). Any suggestions on maintenance and upgrades are appreciated.

Mahalo for your fellowship.

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard. Wish I could provide you some suggestion relating to maintenance and upgrades, but I'm strictly an electric guitar and bass guy. But there are plenty of knowledgeable people who can help you out.

Edited by tx-ogre

Aloha!

I just received my J-15. It's a beauty in appearance and tone. I'll post a photo or two soon. I'm committed to improving both my play and the guitar's tone by playing it a lot (when I'm not playing 5 string banjo or diatonic harmonica). Any suggestions on maintenance and upgrades are appreciated.

Mahalo for your fellowship.

Welcome Jake. msp_thumbup.gif You have a very nice acoustic as you most likely know. Its a dreadnought, top is solid sitka Spruce, back & sides are solid Walnut, nut & saddle are both Tusq. Unless you went to bone and I doubt you could hear any difference at all. Bone and Tusq are very hard and wear well. To improve tone could be an experiment of changing string ga. If your planning on tearing it apart and changing bracing its much better to just buy a better more expensive Acoustic. Ah ha, I see now. Improving your playing will improve the tone. Practice, practice and practice like no other and that will come. Aloha. rolleyes.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

I just received my J-15.

Well done! Gibson's J-15 really blew everybody away. Who knew a walnut-backed guitar could sound so good? And, well, I'm partial to abalone rosettes. msp_thumbup.gif

Any suggestions on maintenance and upgrades are appreciated.

I'd guess no upgrades needed. All it might need is a setup, but that's only if the action is hard. I doubt low humidity is a problem in Hawaii. I think you're good to go. Welcome to the boards!

• 1 month later...

Well done! Gibson's J-15 really blew everybody away. Who knew a walnut-backed guitar could sound so good? And, well, I'm partial to abalone rosettes. msp_thumbup.gif

I'd guess no upgrades needed. All it might need is a setup, but that's only if the action is hard. I doubt low humidity is a problem in Hawaii. I think you're good to go. Welcome to the boards!

Hi bro. take 1 second to head up to manticonvert please

• Upvote 1