Gibson Brands Forums

2019 models

kelly campbell

I dont know about anyone else but I have been very impressed with all the 2019 model year acoustics I have played. I bought a j45 studio and have tried several different ones of those and the L-00 studio as well. Everyone I have tried have all been very compfortable to play and the set up is very good and consistent. Anyone else have any input on what you have found? I like the 45 studio walnut burst so well I am going buy the natural version of the same model. I am really excited and optimistic about what the future brings for Gibson.

Edited by kelly campbell

I haven't played them Kelly...

Definitely seem interesting. The studio you bought... how much if any loss of bass did you experience?

I am not gonna say it is as much on the Bass as the J45 Standard but it is not that far off either. I have a Standard so I am fine with losing a small amount of low end.

I too played the J45 studio and i was impressed with how good it sounds and the price tag too (around $1500)... my brother and i compared it versus a 2018 j45 standard (like $2500-$2900) and the studio sounded so much better!

but that;s the only 2019 i've played so far, hope GC carries more models in the near future

• Upvote 1

I too played the J45 studio and i was impressed with how good it sounds and the price tag too (around $1500)... my brother and i compared it versus a 2018 j45 standard (like $2500-$2900) and the studio sounded so much better!

but that;s the only 2019 i've played so far, hope GC carries more models in the near future

I agree. The Guitar centers I have been in have a couple more now than they used to.

• 6 months later...