Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Walsh on Tuning Up.

Digger

I like Joe. The LP setup video is great. He cracks me up. I like his playing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efB3aQkZS1g

I remember seeing that awhile back, Whats the name of that guy who invites famous rock stars over to play in his garage? He sang there with Joe. But its like they all come in and don't rehearse, they pick up the instruments and just play.

I remember seeing that awhile back, Whats the name of that guy who invites famous rock stars over to play in his garage? He sang there with Joe. But its like they all come in and don't rehearse, they pick up the instruments and just play.

There are some other good ones. There is a Billy Gibbons episode and even though I'm not a huge Sammy Hagar fan, I enjoyed that one too.

No measurements... all by eye and by ear and by feel. That's why you need to learn to do your own setups... to get it the way YOU want it, instead of paying someone $30-50 to get it the way THEY want it.

That is one goofy MFer, though.

Whats the name of that guy who invites famous rock stars over to play in his garage?

Daryl Hall from the 70s/80s band Hall and Oates, (Man Eater was one of their huge hits). Daryl is a great musician and writer.

Daryl Hall from the 70s/80s band Hall and Oates, (Man Eater was one of their huge hits). Daryl is a great musician and writer.

Thats it. Thank you Kidblast. I was racking my brain trying to remember. Ever have a name on the tip of your tongue but just can't say it? Yes, I love Daryl Hall & Oates. Debbie & I finally got a opportunity to see them years way back.

Joe even makes his guitar face when tuning. msp_biggrin.gif

msp_laugh.gif

msp_thumbup.gif

Butch asked me to post this for your interest as he's having some trouble ATM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7gMwE7phoM&feature=youtu.be

Best wishes to Butch!

Joe's such a funny guy! I love the first 35 seconds......msp_laugh.gif......

I've seen a slightly shorter version of that clip before. My favourite bit is still the minute-and-a-half from around the 18 minute mark where I first learned that I had been playing the opening riff to 'Whole Lotta Love' wrong for 35 years or so...

Pip.

Thats it. Thank you Kidblast. I was racking my brain trying to remember. Ever have a name on the tip of your tongue but just can't say it? Yes, I love Daryl Hall & Oates. Debbie & I finally got a opportunity to see them years way back.

Back in their hey day, they were hard to top. They had a great bunch of players backing them and some seriously well written songs. I think Man Eater (one of their big hits) is probably one of the weaker ones. But hey what the heck, it paid them well I'm sure.

Back in their hey day, they were hard to top. They had a great bunch of players backing them and some seriously well written songs. I think Man Eater (one of their big hits) is probably one of the weaker ones. But hey what the heck, it paid them well I'm sure.

Decades back they were supposed to appear for a Memorial Park concert which got canceled by a bad thunderstorm which swept over. It got pitch black with the clouds and the wind wiped out stuff. Debbie and I were in an underground parking lot with police waiting out the storm. I'll never forget that one. We got back to the park and everything was ruined and we were disappointed we didn't get to see them. At least we got to see them once while back. Joe Walsh I've seen 3 times with the Eagles. He never ceases to amaze me. That group I just love how they harmonize together.

The show is called Live From Daryl's House. Joe has been on Billy Gibbons, and Cheap Trick and others I can't remember.

I wanted to thank you to FZ for naming the show it was on. Deb and I only found it last year and were watching it. Sorry I haven't been on the forum much, I've been pretty sick coughing a lot. Then Deb & I are thinking of selling our house and trying to get it ready to sell. Already we've had the plumbing done as tree roots from the neighbors tree were growing through the outside pipe. I've got to repaint all the rooms and just a ton of work to do.

Archived