Gibson Brands Forums

kramer striker

nick8132

I havent personally played a striker but I do own 3 Kramers and all have the licensed floyd rose tremolos. They play as well as any guitar in their price range. As far as restringing the floyd...well, if you don't have any experience with them then you will most likely find it difficult at first. My advice is restring it one string at a time with the same gauge strings and you most likely wont have a prob. Hope this helps ya out!

In my 1st band, the drummer had one & I played it a good bit. This one was made in the early 80s. It played nice but being a 3rd-hand or 4th-hand guitar, somebody along the way repaired the trem using the wrong saddle pieces & there was 1 or 2 pieces missing out of the trem. So there was one string that you couldn't fine-tune with the bridge roller once you clamped the nut, and also as a result of the bad repair, it was tough to make the saddles hold the string fast.

If the trem is intact and whole I'd say go for it, but if there are any missing pieces I'd stay away unless your best friend is a Floyd guru.

This guitar is no more difficult to restring/tune than any other Floyd-equipped guitar, and it has a wild appearance.

My first guitar was a 1980s Kramer Striker or 6000T. Mine had a wierd FR style bridge where you actually feed the string through the end of the bridge. Not your typical double locking FR. But if you want the double locking, you must really like the process of changing strings because it is a pain! As far as playability, it was fine I suppose. I got it when I was 12 and broke the original neck when I was 14. I have replaced it 2x and it has been sitting idle for a few years. Evevntually I will buy an original Kramer nack and play it once again because I recall the last time I had a decent neck on it, must have been 5 years ago, it sounded pretty good.

Geez, a Kramer? you shouldve posted this up 20 years ago I couldve given you a better answer! As best an old man can remember the only problems I had were in restringing. Restringing for a locking trem git is a pain in the rear. Aside from that, no issues. I had some fun with that guitar. I have even more fun watching my local shop here in Japan sell Kramers for about $1800 US... I think I paid like $180 used for mine way back when.

Archived