Gibson Brands Forums

1937 l-00 with next to no play time.

BurntTurkey

Hiscox case will allow you to back over it and still laugh at how silly you are! [biggrin] and maybe, just maybe, trust the father-in-law to take it to the luthier for you......nah, scratch that thought. The Father-In-Law and 6 or 7 of his mates can all try to stand on the Hiscox with a guitar in it....see Hiscox case video on Youtube.

For a Gibson L-00 size, the Classical Medium size is a perfect fit. Pro II model will do it. Code is PRO-II-GCL-M. $329.

BluesKing777.

This case fits my 2 L's perfectly, and though I can't drive my pickup truck over it, I doubt most people would find a need for something more stout. It depends on your finances, of course.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Creek-Classical-Guitar-Case-Black-/372319719147?hash=item56affc0eeb#rwid

That looks like a nice case for the money. Don't how they do it for that kind of money, since you have to figure the seller is buying it for about $40. I'm guessing made in China or Korea, not that this is necessarily a bad thing.

I bought a Korean-made Epiphone case for my Gibson ES 335-12, since it was the only stock case I could find to fit it. It fit the guitar like a glove, and was ok after I let it sit open for a couple of weeks until all the glues, solvents, and foams finished out-gassing and the smell went away.

Some of us are just case freaks- they can be as nicely handcrafted as the guitars they house. Not planning on driving a tank over it, and it's not necessary for it to look like it. For the '36, I had the black Gibson case that was for the L-00 Blues King model, unfortunately, no longer available. Here is what is currently available on the Gibson site:

AvC8A9T.png?1

https://www.gibson.com/Gear/Accessories/ASLGCASE

Archived