Gibson Brands Forums

Hi folks

duane v

It's been awhile for sure.

Work has been unbelievably busy the last 4 years and I certainly miss all the craziness around here.... but glad to see some of the familiar posters about.

Hi Duane

How are your nice guitars then? Bought/sold any?

What happened with the female singer you were working with?

Best wishes.

Edited by jdgm

Hi Duane

How are your nice guitars then? Bought/sold any?

What happened with the female singer you were working with?

Best wishes.

I've been more buying lately... Recently a 1986 cherry les paul junior, 1990 J-160E and a 2000 Gibson 335..

As for the singer, I produced her demo, she paid me for all the masters and I moved on to other projects. Right now my new man-cave has been the current project I'm working on.

Firstly it’s good to see you Duane.

Sadly Milo passed away some time ago, cancer. There’s a thread here if you care to find it.

[crying]

Darnit.

I've tried calling him but his cell was disconnected.... RIP Milod

Digger

Nice to hear from you... All is well with you and yours?

[crying]

Darnit.

I've tried calling him but his cell was disconnected.... RIP Milod

Digger

Nice to hear from you... All is well with you and yours?

I’d become good friends with Milo Duane, and it was a kick in the bum to hear he’d gone. I did suspected something was wrong as he went quiet for a few months. Carla told me she was closing down his phone and internet shortly after he died.

He was an extremely interesting person and had many friends here.

It’s always sad to lose a good one and I often wonder what has been happening to people that just drift away from these places. So many good ones over the years.

We’re going well thank you and hope the same is true for you.

I’m starting version 2 of the John Lennon build with an 86 LPJ as the neck pocket is closer to a 57, and I don’t have to deal with plugging holes and dealing with a bridge modification .... I did this before with a 2013 LPJ satin finish, but it didn’t have the vibe I was looking for and the Charlie Christian pup I used in version 1 was smaller than the actual 1936 CC pup dimensions

Version 2 I had a custom CC made to vintage dimensions. Note the parts are just placed in position. I’m still waiting for the 2 custom made Forstner bits from Savantguitars for the pickup selection switch cavity.

One thing I did notice is the ABR bridge in the mid 80’s seems to be wider

2B7E5688-796E-4906-8F39-8A16175AD033_zpsx4tkdy55.jpg

• Upvote 1

Good to see you back Duane.

Just curious. As a Mod, how does it work when you decide to step away for awhile? Do you put in for a Leave Of Absence? smile.gif

That's funny!!

Occasionally I would pop in when a reported post would hit my email.... I would just check if you guys / gals weren't tearing each others guts out. [biggrin]