Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
G Mac

Ritchie Blackmore is 74 today!

What! He's 74! Yep, that's right. What can I say? Deep Purple, Rainbow...Who doesn't know how to play "Smoke on the Water"? A timeless riff if ever there was one! On this day, I bring you a taste of what Ritchie is up to nowadays. Still a great guitarist! Many Happy returns, Mr. Blackmore!

Happy B-day Ritchie..

This man is my #1 all time inspiration, and dare I say it, hero.

The body of work this guy's put out there is far beyond impressive.

Edited by kidblast

Doesn't he make Medieval lute music now?

This is some what true.. Blackmore's Night is a band with his wife and some other players, (Candice Night I believe is her full name click that link and you will see). on that, and related vids, he's playing a 6 string, looks to be custom made. They've got a few albums out, I'm not really into most of it, but he has a few instrumental pieces that are very well done.

always been a bit on the eccentric side, lives in a castle somewhere across the pond.

This is some what true.. Blackmore's Night is a band with his wife and some other players, (Candice Night I believe is her full name click that link and you will see). on that, and related vids, he's playing a 6 string, looks to be custom made. They've got a few albums out, I'm not really into most of it, but he has a few instrumental pieces that are very well done.

always been a bit on the eccentric side, lives in a castle somewhere across the pond.

Lol - that's freakin awesome! Money allows you to beat your own drum, good for him :)

I think he has been doing it for years. I think he even shuns Rock nowadays. I saw him a few years back in a magazine and he was dressed up like Mickey in the Sorcerers Apprentice.

I laughed hard.

Decade, maybe more ago, he said he never really liked Deep Purple. Don't know if he was yankin chains or what. Whatta guy.

rct

He's never been all that easy to deal with, Just as Gillian.. He has stories a plenty.

RB panned Satriani a few years back,, Joe was like,, "wait, what?" this guy was his idol, he was a bit taken back, check it out, I'm sure it's still out there.

Not sure I can disagree with Joe, a bit uncalled for. but that's the man that is Ritchie Blackmore. Not for the squeamish.

Happy b'day Mr.B!

Inspiration for practically everyone of my generation I'm sure.

He's never been all that easy to deal with, Just as Gillian.. He has stories a plenty...

Years ago I used to meet up with the 'Rock' photographer Fin Costello quite regularly. Fin used to go on tour with various bands back in the day and Purple was one of them - his are the snaps on the Made in Japan album - and the stories he could tell were extraordinary. Like the rest of the band stripping-off Roger Glover; wrapping him up in duct tape and dropping him off out the back of the truck half-way en-route to the next gig just to see if he could turn up in time.....

I've posted it a while ago but for anyone who likes DP and hasn't seen it this is fun;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIgXtE4K5U

Philip.

Edited by pippy