Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Black Dog

Thanks for the replies.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by Warmoth. The finish is great . Great choices of wood. Everything looks way better in person than on their website. The fit is excellent. Everything went together nicely.

The Seymour Duncan "Hot for Tele" pickups are very nice too.

That's a beauty! If you don't mind me asking, about how much did it cost?

Thanks.

It came in just under $1400 for everything. The body and neck were in the high range of what Warmoth has to offer. But if you look at the cost of a Fender, it's a little less than an American Professional but with nicer wood. If you compare similar wood and finish, you could build a Warmoth for about $900.

Another way to look at it is that with Fender to get a nice looking top and neck, you pretty much have to get a Custom Shop guitar. Those start around $4000.

Now, I'm sure they're much better at tightening screws in the Custom Shop than I am, but I can get the same look and performance for about 1/3 the cost.

Nice telecaster you built there! Looks real nice and especially like the flamed neck. I have a couple American Fender guitars - bought brand new. Paid about the same as you for your project for each guitar and they don’t look as nice haha! I like the route you went on your decision and probably a bit more fun too. Either way you don’t really go wrong buying a nice American Fender IMHO, but doesn’t mean you have to buy custom shop prices to get a Fender custom shop Fender style guitar that can sound fantastic. Anyhow again beautiful guitar and congratulations! I hope it inspires you plenty to make some tunes 😁

Nice telecaster you built there! Looks real nice and especially like the flamed neck. I have a couple American Fender guitars - bought brand new. Paid about the same as you for your project for each guitar and they don't look as nice haha! I like the route you went on your decision and probably a bit more fun too. Either way you don't really go wrong buying a nice American Fender IMHO, but doesn't mean you have to buy custom shop prices to get a Fender custom shop Fender style guitar that can sound fantastic. Anyhow again beautiful guitar and congratulations! I hope it inspires you plenty to make some tunes 😁

Thanks Chris. Yeah, for me the build is a big part of the fun of it.

I've been thinking that a Tele with a matte black body, gloss black pick guard, all black hardware and transparent black maple neck would look pretty cool....

msp_biggrin.gif

Archived