Gibson Brands Forums

Vince Gill's guitars

j45nick

That clip is quite old - it was getting around here a few years back.....

I was watching TV and The Eagles had an ad for an upcoming tour and Vince was playing guitar! Don’t know if he has joined them permanently, but I bet, just bet you, he ......needed new guitars for the tour! [mellow]

BluesKing777.

I have also never liked Hotel California, but I like Peaceful Easy Feeling, and love Take It Easy. Jackson Browne's writing voice is definitely present in Take It Easy, maybe that is why it has always been one of my favorites.

• Upvote 1

He might be a regular now. I can't stomach those guys after The Long Run. And after you want the Doc. History Of The Eagles if you don't loath Henley and Frey then something is wrong. I remember watching it and H & F talking about how when the Eagles reform they need to get more money than Schmidt and Walsh cause their solo careers generated more revenue. If I was Joe I would have told those to pompous arrogant fuk stick to stick it. I'm Fuking Joe Walsh. I was in the James Gang and have my own solo career and play circles around you clown with my slide guitar.

Methinks thou protest too much.Your opinion is simply that.

Back to Vince and Bob Minner and a '43 J45...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cytV-bcIbM&t=4s

With a certain old, bald guy, who arranged this for a Fretboard Journal story.

Thanks for posting this.

I'll accept no criticism of Mr. Gill, regardless of one's opinion about the Eagles. He's a brilliant guitar player, a brilliant songwriter, and as warm and caring a person as I've met. Not knowing met me, he still agreed to meet me at Carter Vintage in Nashville to record this video and be interviewed for the resulting story in Fretboard Journal. We spent several hours there, with Vince, Bob, and, uh, me, playing through the Carters' current inventory. He hung with us until about an hour before his gig that evening at 3rd & Lindsley Bar and Grill, for which he comped Bob, Bob's lovely wife, and me tickets.

A few months later, this lovely man agreed to meet me in Shreveport, Louisiana, to make a presentation to James Burton.

Again, I'll accept no criticism of Mr. Gill.

On edit, a couple of pics from that day:

nKaelAj.jpg

HlDwbXy.jpg

Edited by jt
  • Upvote 1

He might be a regular now. I can't stomach those guys after The Long Run. And after you want the Doc. History Of The Eagles if you don't loath Henley and Frey then something is wrong. I remember watching it and H & F talking about how when the Eagles reform they need to get more money than Schmidt and Walsh cause their solo careers generated more revenue. If I was Joe I would have told those to pompous arrogant fuk stick to stick it. I'm Fuking Joe Walsh. I was in the James Gang and have my own solo career and play circles around you clown with my slide guitar.

Haters gonna hate- how could someone with Vince's talent NOT want to play with the Eagles?

I reckon my filter is way different, because i didn't experience any loathing after viewing the docu History Of The Eagles.

With a certain old, bald guy, who arranged this for a Fretboard Journal story.

Thanks for posting this.

I'll accept no criticism of Mr. Gill, regardless of one's opinion about the Eagles. He's a brilliant guitar player, a brilliant songwriter, and as warm and caring a person as I've met. Not knowing met me, he still agreed to meet me at Carter Vintage in Nashville to record this video and be interviewed for the resulting story in Fretboard Journal. We spent several hours there, with Vince, Bob, and, uh, me, playing through the Carters' current inventory. He hung with us until about an hour before his gig that evening at 3rd & Lindsley Bar and Grill, for which he comped Bob, Bob's lovely wife, and me tickets...

John, thanks for the back story on this video. I met Vince about 15 years ago and found him to be a great guy as well. I like how he is marking a page in your book when you guys are talking about Bob's guitar. And let's not forget to mention Bob's undeniable talent. If I could pick just one song like him... well, that ain't gonna happen, but I'll keep trying.

-Keith

John, thanks for the back story on this video. I met Vince about 15 years ago and found him to be a great guy as well. I like how he is marking a page in your book when you guys are talking about Bob's guitar. And let's not forget to mention Bob's undeniable talent. If I could pick just one song like him... well, that ain't gonna happen, but I'll keep trying.

-Keith

Thanks, Keith!

Yes, Vince is a wonderful guitar player. Bob, too, of course!