Gibson Brands Forums

Have you done business with guitarfetish?

jaxson50

I bought some pickups from them quite a few years ago. They were P90 pups that would fit in a humbucker route.

The pickups sounded as close to P90s as anything else in a humbucker size, the price was good, they answered my questions before the sale promptly and they shipped quickly.

Notes

I used to go on that site all the time and purchased several things including some vintage style SC pickups for an old Mexican Strat. I kinda forgot about the site until now. Thanks for reminding me. I'm gonna go check the place out again. msp_thumbup.gif

I've been looking for one of these to upgrade one of my Strats. This is a great price so I thought I'd give them a try. Thanks for the link!

usast2pohast_thumbnail.jpgD15 USA Strat®- 2 Point Hardened Steel Upgrade Tremolo System

$41.95 x 1

$41.95

In Stock Got a USA strat- you know- the two studs planted at 2 7/32" apart?? FINALLY we have received a small quantity of our own custom built, custom designed UPGRADE bridge. First we started with the right size hardened steel baseplate- I GUARANTEE this will fit on every USA 2-point strat ever made, and the slightly elongated cutout on one side makes it easy for a custom install too- even if you're off a touch- fits fine. Next we threw out the thin, lightweight tapered block that the big "F" uses and put a FULL-SIZED, STEEL SUSTAIN BLOCK on this bad boy. Next we chucked the cheapo "zinc" saddles used by the Corona gang and installed genuine STAINLESS STEEL saddles. Gone is the thin vintage screw-in arm with NO adjustablity- in is a thick, hardened steel trem arm with push-in TENSION ADJUSTABLE sleeve. The best trem you can buy for your guitar, at a FRACTION of the cost of what others are charging! You get the trem COMPLETE with studs, wrenches, claw, springs, arm- ready to roll!

FENDER®, STRATOCASTER®, STRAT®, TELECASTER®, TELE®, P BASS®, PRECISION BASS®, and the distinctive headstock designs of these guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. Guitarfetish.com is not affiliated with Fender in any way. Retail Price:$92.95 Savings:$51.00(55%) Guitarfetish Price $41.95

Edited by Marky Forrest

I found out about Guitarfetish just a few days ago from a couple of members over at the Stratocaster forum. I need a new tremolo block for my SE Squier, and Guitarfetish was recommended. They appear to have good stuff at good prices. And their customer service was very prompt and very helpful. I will be ordering a replacement block from them soon. And I look forward to exploring their site further.

I found out about Guitarfetish just a few days ago from a couple of members over at the Stratocaster forum. I need a new tremolo block for my SE Squier, and Guitarfetish was recommended. They appear to have good stuff at good prices. And their customer service was very prompt and very helpful. I will be ordering a replacement block from them soon. And I look forward to exploring their site further.

Cool, Michael. I hope it works well for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd never heard of them before. If I lived Stateside I doubt whether I could resist building up an Esquire-esque 'BlackGuard' using this as the base;

https://www.guitarfetish.com/SPECIAL-PURCHASE-Ivory-Double-Cutaway-GLUED-IN-Setneck-Traditional-Single-Coil-Maple-FB-_p_21269.html

Set neck, too, and all for a paltry $100!

Pip.

• 2 years later...

I thought I'd resurrect this thread to add to my earlier post. Since first finding out about Guitar Fetish, I've bought a few things from them. I started with a solid brass tremolo block and new tremolo arm, which installed without hitches. Later, I bought a set of pickups for that Squier from them. I went with their 60s-70s grey bottom non-staggered models. Alnico V magnets, wound to medium hot specs. They sound great!  The brass tremolo block set me back $33, the set of three pickups cost about $75.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a set of PAF humbuckers and a wiring harness from GF for an LP project I'm working on. If the sound quality of the Strat pickups I bought is any indicator, I feel reasonably confident that I'm gonna like the sound of these PAFs too. The wiring harness is complete with 500k pots, 0.022uF caps soldered to the tone pots, and includes a pickup selector switch and output (input?) jack. The two pickups and wiring harness cost me less than $100.

• Like 1

I bought a Tele type Guitar a few years ago from them… It was alright. Not great.. Pretty entry level IMO.. It was playable & sounded ok… What do you expect for the price? I ended up gifting it to someone.

It’s nothing like my USA Fender ‘69 Thinline Tele or even my MIC Squier CV Tele… If you want something inexpensive and pretty decent get a Squier CV Tele.. It’s a much better Guitar…

Edited by Larsongs