Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from Blacksburg, VA

Bob_R

Hey there. I've been playing electric bass and guitar since 1971. I'm a lefty, so I've had a strange history of buying and selling instruments. My first "real" lefty was a Gibson EB3 slot-head from 1973 - now sold. I'm not pretty much a P-bass guy, though I own a Hofner as well. My current Gibsons are guitars - a recent vintage Les Paul Gold Top and a 2017 J-45 that I got last week. The J-45 brought me to the forum. I like the acoustic sound and the playability. Though I don't intend to use the pickup much, I gave it a try, and it definitely needs to be tweeked. I found the info I need in some old posts, but I thought I'd register and introduce myself.

Hey there. I've been playing electric bass and guitar since 1971. I'm a lefty, so I've had a strange history of buying and selling instruments. My first "real" lefty was a Gibson EB3 slot-head from 1973 - now sold. I'm not pretty much a P-bass guy, though I own a Hofner as well. My current Gibsons are guitars - a recent vintage Les Paul Gold Top and a 2017 J-45 that I got last week. The J-45 brought me to the forum. I like the acoustic sound and the playability. Though I don't intend to use the pickup much, I gave it a try, and it definitely needs to be tweeked. I found the info I need in some old posts, but I thought I'd register and introduce myself.

Hey Bob!

The J45s I think come with a LR Baggs Anthem (if it's stock) those pickups sound pretty good. You may like what it delivers.

you may find the acoustic forum a place of interest:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/forum/40-gibson-acoustic/

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by kidblast

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I lived in Pulaski Va as a kid .great place to be your close to that. clatter lake rocks. had to say hey play everyday till you can't get it wrong