Gibson Brands Forums

Disco Biscuits Rocks the House of Blues!

daveinspain

Went to the newly opened House of Blues in Boston last night.... I was invited to see the Disco Biscuits. I had never heard of them and with a name like that I didn't know what to expect. Well let me tell you, they packed the house and their very loyal fans went nuts... Their first song lasted an hour....! It seemed to be a long jam that took you on a roller coaster ride of high energy electronic fusion progressive dance rock... If you can imagine that. The guitarist was very good and had great moments. The drummer was kicked *** all night with relentless solid drumming that made you wonder how he could keep it up.... The bass player kept a solid foundation that enabled his band mates to fly... The Keyboard player injected an electronic edge that most impressed me for his playing. He was playing parts that any other keyboard player would have been using sequencers and computers for.... Their weakest link were the vocals but there weren't very much of those anyway. It was the music that kept their fans hands in the air and jumping and dancing all night long.

Those guys are great and I'm not much for jam bands. They recorded their very first release at the studio I was working at in the 90's (Third Story Recording in Philly) and I did some assisting with that and a couple of live shows, one of which was a live recording party in the studio itself (we had a small indoor parking garage).

Some of those jam band guys can really play. Been to quite a few festivals and am often quite impressed. One of my favorites in this "genre" is moe. Two good guitar players, great guitar tones and cool songs - like this one. Warren Haynes joined them for a blistering set at one of the Bonnaroo festivals I attended. Three Les Pauls ablazing!

Some of those jam band guys can really play. Been to quite a few festivals and am often quite impressed. One of my favorites in this "genre" is moe. Two good guitar players' date=' great guitar tones and cool songs - like this one. Warren Haynes joined them for a blistering set at one of the Bonnaroo festivals I attended. Three Les Pauls ablazing!

Yeah Moe sounds great, I like that tune, Lynyrd Skynyrd sounding....

Archived