Gibson Brands Forums

New Model Line Released

badbluesplayer

I think the new line-up makes a lot of sense. It has been simplified somewhat, depending on the features you want (push-pulls, weight relief, no weight relief, various pick ups and neck profiles) there should be something for just about everyone in terms of a Les Paul anyway. And the prices for the most part came down. [thumbup] [thumbup]

I like the pricing. $2500.00 for a new Standard and the previous version was $3299.00. They're still expensive but reasonable. I like that they've gone back to what made the Les Paul popular in the first place and it's what a lot of people wanted. On the flipside, there's others who liked all the new changes and options available. I wonder if they'll continue marketing the classic line and the modern lines? I'm curious as to what's different from those and the reissues. I hope to play a few of them over the next few weeks. I'd love to have a Goldtop with humbuckers.

I like the pricing. $2500.00 for a new Standard and the previous version was $3299.00. They're still expensive but reasonable. I like that they've gone back to what made the Les Paul popular in the first place and it's what a lot of people wanted. On the flipside, there's others who liked all the new changes and options available. I wonder if they'll continue marketing the classic line and the modern lines? I'm curious as to what's different from those and the reissues. I hope to play a few of them over the next few weeks. I'd love to have a Goldtop with humbuckers.

The new standard is the old Traditional, which was less than the standard and so is the same... Same specs, look at the AA top and not the AAA top. Not much has changed here. Even more concerning, the new guitars I have seen have had more QC issues than they did when Henry ran the show. That concerns me.

• Upvote 1

The new standard is the old Traditional, which was less than the standard and so is the same... Same specs, look at the AA top and not the AAA top. Not much has changed here. Even more concerning, the new guitars I have seen have had more QC issues than they did when Henry ran the show. That concerns me.

My experience is that there are almost no QC issues with the new guitars. The LP I bought is super nice. Almost perfect fretwork. Were there some problems with the guitars in the reviews? I wasn't paying that much attention.

at $1500 for a studio in the modern section with absolutely NO modern appointments, they can kiss my big fat behind. 490/498 which i never liked, no fast access heel. it's ridiculous, and i'm glad i bought my studio pro 5 yrs ago at a far more reasonable price.

[cursing]

Yes, the prices are good and bad at the same time. The LP standard 50's & 60's and Classic are ok priced, but what I find bizarre is that the LP Special and Junior have pretty much doubled in price since 2012/13. Back then I bought a gloss finished tobacco sunburst Junior for £449 and a faded black Special for £479 (both in a sale and reduced by around £100). Now they are £1199 for a Junior and £1299 for a Special [blink] I know inflation plays a part and also Brexit has here in the UK, but those price increases seem very steep.