Gibson Brands Forums

Another Attempt At A Les Paul

To me the photos from Sweetwater and the photos you took after you got it - it doesn't look like the same guitar. I suppose it could just be the difference in lighting, but the wood grains don't seem to matchup? Anyway I like the guitar you received much better than the one in the photos from Sweetwater.

It's a beauty and I hope you enjoy it [thumbup] [thumbup]

Makes it worth more at resale time. All original even the sticker.

This is kind of true.. I once sold a DC Special to a guy. When we met to do the sale one of the things he specifically asked me was about the plastic covering I said it still had on the pickguard and backplate.. It does seem to oddly make a difference, like its MORE authentic. There I was offering a mint condition guitar brand new and he was more worried about the protective plastic.. People are weird LOL :D

Edited by Rabs
  • Upvote 1

To me the photos from Sweetwater and the photos you took after you got it - it doesn't look like the same guitar. I suppose it could just be the difference in lighting, but the wood grains don't seem to matchup? Anyway I like the guitar you received much better than the one in the photos from Sweetwater.

It's a beauty and I hope you enjoy it [thumbup] [thumbup]

Its definitely the same one. The tops were nowhere near as nicely flamed on the other 3 they had in stock. The top on this one is better than its supposed to be on this model.

@StRanger7032, what I like about your pictures of your guitar over Sweetwater's is that yours capture more of the tri-tone of the Iced Tea finish. It's a much prettier guitar, in my opinion, than what the Sweetwater's pictures suggest.

Edited by pauloqs