Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone DR-100

Chau Do

Hello Epiphone or anyone here who knows well about DR-100,

I just bought an Epiphone DR-100 (Serial number: 18081320643) several days ago at an authorized store in Hanoi, Vietnam. I later found that my guitar did not have the letter "D R" at the head (just near the neck) like in this image: http://images.epiphone.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Products/Acoustic/DR-100/Features/Head.jpg

I have checked many images on the Internet and found no Epiphone DR-100 without this. I contacted the dealer and they said that all Epiphone DR-100 in their shops at the moment did not have a "D R" stamp and that it was normal as the batch they got were all like that. I guess the guitar is genuine as it was bought from an authorized shop, but I am afraid it might be second-hand, not brand-new. I have just attached an image showing how my DR-100's head looks.

Could you please give me some ideas or explanation about this. Is it normal to get a brand new Epiphone DR-100 that contains no "D R" stamp at the head.

Looking forward to receiving an answer soon.

Best regards,

Chau Do (Mr)

-

chau.do@live.com

post-100701-093492100 1556818729_thumb.png

Not sure I'm of much help here, BUT

I bought a DR100 about 6 years ago, from Sweetwater (USA) as a "beater" guitar, but was pleasantly surprised to find its' quality, for the price, was excellent. To answer your original ?, there is no serial # on the back of the headstock but I do have a sticker on the inside of the body, verifying the model and serial #. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I'm of much help here, BUT

I bought a DR100 about 6 years ago, from Sweetwater (USA) as a "beater" guitar, but was pleasantly surprised to find its' quality, for the price, was excellent. To answer your original ?, there is no serial # on the back of the headstock but I do have a sticker on the inside of the body, verifying the model and serial #. Hope this helps.

I had a similar experience. I bought a Tito's vodka Epiphone guitar (DR-100) just to hang in my bar area but I was really blown away with the quality for the price.