Gibson Brands Forums

Tangled up in Dove

E-minor7

Yes, she is. Great performance of a mind-blowing song.

How many popular songwriters reference the poet Dante in their lyrics?

"The only thing I knew how to do was to keep on keepin' on" is right up there as well. The are so many perfect gems of couplets in those lyrics that it makes your head spin.

That is Dylan at his absolute lyrical best. Freakin' genius stuff.

• Upvote 1

This gal is a "force" that can't be denied. All the garbage that gets played on the radio and so few know about this awesome talent. One of many things that impress me about her is her sense of rhythm. What an amazing performer. And she's a big Gibson fan, and plays some Martins, and one-in-a-blue-moon you'll see her with a (God Forbid) Taylor.

Great song, and really liking seeing KT T with a band. I've only seen her solo looping performances, which are great but I feel lacks a live band feel. ...and have to say, out of all the current musicians - i've got a strong affinity for KT.

Good cover..one of my favorite Dylan tunes if not my favorite one.

Agree, , , it's a stunner - a big fish, , , or a whole movie (to use a cliché).

Dylan actually hit the artistic level from the 60s quite a lot during the following decade. This camp considers them almost equal.

Scottish ^ great, , , didn't know.

As songwriters we all fish at the same hole, same rod, same tackle, same bait, but somehow Dylan just kept pulling 'em out, one after the other.

HH

Exactly! I have always claimed that we just "snatch the good ones out of the air" as they go by.

To illustrate, a friend of mine who used to be a staff songwriter in Nashville, was sitting in an all nite deli there, writing a song on a napkin. At the same time, David Alan Coe was across the table writing "Take This Job And Shove It". My friend was wishing he had been sitting on the other side of the table. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't.

Well, I admire your commitment to the Dove. 'Was going to ask "where's the sunburst?", but that'll come with time ;). Nice idea with the pickguard, sound hole and rosette.

The decoration ain't and will never be E-minor7's.

Saw it today on a Gibson-site - Doves in flight, , , with an olive-branch, , , or is it a maple leaf. .

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, PatriotsBiker said:

For the discriminating gentleman (or lady) who has everything.

And it is on sale 33 percent off 

Yeah, that's a dream guitar, alright.    I hope it finds a good home.    Listening to 'More Blood, More Tracks' right now, Vol. 14. Bootleg Series.    LOVE the mid-70s Dylan.  btw Sal, the solo Dylan version of 'Tangled Up in Blue' on 'More Blood...' is much more manageable in terms of phrasing and rhythm for the solo player.   Still gotta remember all the lyrics though!

Edited by countrybluespicker

23 hours ago, PatriotsBiker said:

For the discriminating gentleman (or lady) who has everything.

Yowza, , , brought on by a simple twist of fate.

Must be one of the last rios.

Would be quite something to hear it - eeeehhh, well, I have for the last 45 years. 

The real treat of that site is to hear the brief descriptions and demos of the other guitars there. Builds from Luthiers never heard of in all sorts of sizes and shapes. One guitar was from a builder the shop owner knows and supplied the rosewood from his own private stash.

This one i really found intriguing.  Multi-Scale Guitar  It's a fanned fret boar with scale length over 27" on the bass and a little over 25-1/2" on the treble side. he's playing in a C tuning.

Edited by PatriotsBiker