Gibson Brands Forums

Friday Forum Members "Rockin" Videos....

Murph

Awesome Ben... and new nuance to your handle here...

Your songwriting has great clever double references; definitely a wow....

I dont have any old video of my band in college.. if I did you would hear us playing the Cars, Genesis, Squeeze... and occasionally Chuck Mangione?

Anyways this is about 2 1/2 years old, and we do play this song almost every set still... Gracefully Face Down. Here we are rehearsing; I should have had the mic closer. Yes I do miss the Bird!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006weflDZ4Q

Nice as always, Sal. Is that the famous TV that switched hands here on the forum right around the time I got here? Whatever it is, I would be missing it, too.

Paul, that was just fantastic.... great production all around... vocals, J50, harmony...

Yeah. C'était magnifique

I’ ve been a fan since the 70’s. I think he’s really hit his stride in the last 10 -15 years. Glad you liked it.

Friday midday here - we are 12 hours ahead of USA....

Wrong Friday too, a week late, but here is one I cooked up with the 37 Gibson L-0 and I call it San Remo...but you may recognise the geetar.

(I used the mic on the stand up in the air facing down..bit hollow, but done is done. Broke a fingernail!)

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

Friday midday here - we are 12 hours ahead of USA....

Wrong Friday too, a week late, but here is one I cooked up with the 37 Gibson L-0 and I call it San Remo...but you may recognise the geetar.

(I used the mic on the stand up in the air facing down..bit hollow, but done is done. Broke a fingernail!)

BluesKing777.

Nice BK, you got them fingers really moving right about 1:10... oooooooh goooood!

Okay....When y'all coming to Holly Beach??? Good stuff!!

Holly Beach is too fancy after hurricane Rita blew it off the face of the Earth.

I remember it best, the way it was...…

Here's some Rockin' Jinder....

That song from Jinder has much the same feel as your Holly Beach song. Both of these remind me of something the Dead would have done in the American Beauty/Workingman's Dead era: nice single-note leads aver a solid rhythm guitar. I don't know if that's a B3/Leslie in Jinder's recording, or just an emulation, but it's subtle, and it works well.

Great stuff, any way you look at it.