Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
beatfeaster

Deckadance 2 Registration - Please Help

Hi there,

First I know this is the wrong location to post but I'm sick of looking for the information I need so this will have to do.

I have been using Deckadance 2 (DVS version) as the demo version (VST in ableton) for years, I simply cannot register it. It gives me the 6 second demo silence and I'm really tired of it.

I have paid for Deckadance more than once from the various sites, originally Image line, cakewalk and now I've just re ordered through Steam (this is costing A LOT of money for an unlock!!!!!!) and still I'm having no luck finding the file to unlock the demo.

I have downloaded the Cakewalk command center and it's not showing up as a product (despite having it listed under 'My Products' along with serial number.

My version of Deckadance has no other option that to open a .reg file, which I have never received.

Please can someone help? Luis Serrano just seems to PM people and not give any advice, if he or someone else could help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, beatfeaster.

If you've bought Deckadance when Image Line owned it (ie before 2015, when Gibson/Stanton/Cakewalk acquired Deckadance), you can log in to your Image Line account and *carefully* read all the instructions on the My Licenses page.

Underneath the instructions about Deckadance v2.43, there is an option to download a .reg file with the licence you purchased, and even if you're on the Mac you should do this.

On Windows, you just need to double-click the .reg file to install the data to the Windows Registry. But on the Mac, you need to save the .reg file in the ~/Library/Preferences/Image-Line/ folder (where ~ means your home/user folder.) That folder probably doesn't exist, so you'll need to create it yourself. But once you put your .reg file there, you're up & running.

It seems to work even with the newer Stanton/Gibson versions.

Hope that helps.

As Dj Phatso explained the old Image Line registration file is still working, so that, you should be able to use it. Anyway I'm going to send you a private message with a link to download an easy to use DVS installer.