Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Tman

Finally getting some replacement guitars! This is a really fantastic guitar. The Gibson J-45 Studio.

Front%20inside_zpsypxvssab.jpegBack%20outside_zpsd9ipnwn8.jpegBack_zpsjwn2zzws.jpeg

Also as a symbol of good luck and rebirth, I took a photo of a Monarch sitting on a fuschia colored flower (I think a poppy). Thousands have been migrating the last few days.

14D7F86D-5FFA-4653-9870-3EAE2DAFD91B_zpscnzlscth.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Congratulations Doc. I love mine ..hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Kelly, I am loving it. It was set up really well. It is actually in tune from open strings to fretted. Rock solid.

That back is the S-H-I-T. Congrats.

I was blown away by it. I went in to G.C. looking for a J-15 and landed this one. Not sure I've seen flamed walnut before.

Congrats! i played one a few months ago and loved it, wish i could buy one haha

beautiful back!

Thanks FP, very happy with it!

Very nice too!

Best wishes, I hope things are starting to get a bit better for you now.

Can you take any steps to stop it ever happening again?

[thumbup]

Thanks jdgm, I could move to England. [thumbup] There are things that can be done and will be done. Our neighbor, a military pilot who stayed through the inferno, had a fire suit on and sat on the edge of his opened well water tank with a hose and fought it off. His house was concrete though. Our little inlaw unit was concrete and the structure mostly made it, internal contents partially burned. So we won't build the new house out of wood that's for sure. Also insurance will kick in more money to come up to code from what the last house had and finally we are going to put in an external sprinkler that can be controlled by a phone app. Last fire in my neighborhood was 1978. If we wait that long again I will in all likelihood not be on the planet.

• Upvote 1

that is beautiful. congrats

Very nice. Congrats.

Sweet! HNGD!

Thanks guys!

So happy for you Tman and that back looks amazing.

I’ve never seen so many butterflies in SoCal before this year. I wonder why that is? It’s really cool but I’ve smashed a few on my windshield unfortunately

Thanks Dub! I have never seen them here like this either. When I took a walk around Westlake on Saturday while getting my car washed I saw thousands. They were coming from the south in waves. Bad news is, like you, I ended a few lives and ruined my new car wash that evening.

Handsome guitar!

I hope to be chasing the Monarchs south on a motorcycle this year, it's just incredible what they manage to do.

It is incredible. Enjoy the trip Steve! If you come by So. Call I’ll treat you to a beer. [thumbup]

Awesome! That back is crazy cool

Thanks Drog, love it

Good deal Tman.

rct

Thanks rct. When the fire happened you offered to send me your Strat (or Tele, don’t remember). What a cool thing to do. Not too many people like you in this world.

Sweet.. Gotta love a nice bit of walnut [thumbup]

Rabs very best of luck. I really want a Rabswood. Especially the smallerbody one that you showed in a thread a few weeks back where you were at a show. Great stuff.

Thanks guys!

Thanks Dub! I have never seen them here like this either. When I took a walk around Westlake on Saturday while getting my car washed I saw thousands. They were coming from the south in waves. Bad news is, like you, I ended a few lives and ruined my new car wash that evening.

Is it because you had more water this year so far?

Thanks rct. When the fire happened you offered to send me your Strat (or Tele, don’t remember). What a cool thing to do. Not too many people like you in this world.

You are welcome. And I would have boxed it up and sent it along. Maybe even drove the hex on out there and dropped it off. Always up for the the interstates.

rct