Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Gary Moore Signature 2013 Les Paul - Help Pricing

melpi65

Good evening,

I would like to ask for some help to price my Gary Moore Signature Les paul 2013.

I have the original case and papers.

THe bad here it's 2 years ago had a headstock break....as many Gibsons before.

I took it to repair and the repairing itself it is super profesional, but...it's there.

I attach pictures.

My idea is if somebody would help me to price this guitar because i'm thinking on selling it. I live in Spain - Europe and the currency is €. My thoughts are bassed on the guitar as new costed 1700€ on 2013 and there are almost not guitar as this on the market the price would be near of 1200-1000€, but i would like to hear some profesional opinion.

THank you!

1VwezzC.jpg

7mLuV8U.jpg

LPbPh2V.jpg

owapWdm.jpg

5SUilVt.jpg

OW6uc0O.jpg

2X1ysRj.jpg

wxaese3.jpg

gedA6Xx.jpg

pRa7j9R.jpg

Less than half the going rate for one. If 1200 Euro, best you can hope for is 600. That's the best. There are too many guitars that aren't broken for someone to spend too much on one that is broken. My advice to anyone looking to buy that would be "Pass". So you are up against a pretty big hill there buddy.

Good luck with it. You might find exactly the right buyer that needs that exact guitar to fill a whole in their collection, and you could move it along. But it will take time and effort.

rct

I would recommend that you just keep it -- Either that, or just be willing to accept a very low amount because you don't want to see it around any longer. This guitar is going to be a hard sell even at a very low price.

This is the best advise. I would keep it.

That thing's been rode hard and put up wet. I'm not an expert on headstock repairs, but of the ones I've seen, that looks questionable. I think you'll have a hard time selling it. I'd just keep it as a beater. Everybody needs one.

Who knows, maybe one day you'll want to express your inner Pete Townsend.

Less than half the going rate for one. If 1200 Euro, best you can hope for is 600. That's the best. There are too many guitars that aren't broken for someone to spend too much on one that is broken. My advice to anyone looking to buy that would be "Pass". So you are up against a pretty big hill there buddy.

Good luck with it. You might find exactly the right buyer that needs that exact guitar to fill a whole in their collection, and you could move it along. But it will take time and effort.

rct

this is probably as "right" an answer as you'll get. Keep in mind a new tribute Les Paul will be around 1 grand (USD), so your competition on asking price used + repaired, is getting stiffer.

• 3 years later...

The original Greeny/Moore/Hammett had a headstock break and replicas are selling for 50k. I'd go 51k.The original one was owned by 3 well known players. Sorry it broke. So its worth what you can get for it. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Matthias 41 said:

Man what were you doing with guitar? Mahagony dosent brake easily

Huh? How many Gibson guitars necks models are made of Hog? How many have been broken over the years? Too many to count. Blunt force trauma is gonna brake wood.

This thread is several years old now..  And yes..  Mahogany, and especially genuine mahogany that Gibson apparently use is not the hardest of woods at all... In fact its about 850 on the janka hardness scale.  Which for reference..  Pine is 350 and hard Maple is about 1400 and Ebony is about 3800..  So yeah.. Mahogany, not that hard at all..  However it does work well so is less harsh on the tools and its a beautiful wood which finishes well and is why its used in the first place.

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The original Greeny/Moore/Hammett had a headstock break and replicas are selling for 50k. I'd go 51k.The original one was owned by 3 well known players. Sorry it broke. So its worth what you can get for it. 

Trogly said the GM signature LPs will probably go up in price because of the Greeny, so you're probably not too far off. 

He was banned from buying one, btw. 

Well i have GM as well in perfect condition for 8years now. Installed 57 classics changed knobs(hate those reflectors) guitar Works Like a charm. I saw the price for mint condition is about 3000usd..and there are various types of mahagony, but looks Like Gibson uses the one with best sound quality rather then best hardness

2 hours ago, Matthias 41 said:

Well i have GM as well in perfect condition for 8years now. Installed 57 classics changed knobs(hate those reflectors) guitar Works Like a charm. I saw the price for mint condition is about 3000usd..and there are various types of mahagony, but looks Like Gibson uses the one with best sound quality rather then best hardness

It's a cool model, for sure.