Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
James45

New 2019 J45, Fretboard Questions, Build Question

I notice you say it was an "inbox" purchase. Does that mean you didn't inspect it or play it before taking delivery? Did you buy it from a Gibson dealer, either an online dealer or brick and mortar store?

"Does anyone have a suggestion for image hosting? I could not get Flickr to work. "

if the file is the right size (0.46mb max) you can just drag it into the edit window with the new forum layout.

20 hours ago, kidblast said:

if the file is the right size (0.46mb max) you can just drag it into the edit window with the new forum layout.

I think a .46MB file will use your entire storage allotment for the site. Click on your name at the top right of the page and go to the "My Attachments" link. It shows how much space you are allowed. It says 500KB (.50MB) total for me.

That's what I have pointed out elsewhere... don't get too excited about how easy it is to post photos now. 😉 

Build quality issues? Chips?! Sorry to say, even with your close-ups pics I cannot see anything wrong with your guitar. 

My advice would be play that guitar more, and put away the magnifying glass and stop looking for something wrong with it. 

My 2016 SJ200 VS really has a "macroscopic" dent in the fretboard, around 10th fret under e- and b-string. No idea what has happend, it was already there when I received the guitar, had no chance to see or test it at the store. Frets and strings have not been damaged. After some treatment with fretboard oil (which I had to do anyhow as it was completely dry) the dent did not look as bad as before. And now after 1,5 years it is forgotten, there are other small dents caused by playing over the whole guitar. The rest of the guitar is fine, sounds good. Of course if you pay > 3.000 € for an instrument it should be perfect, needs a lot of working time to earn the money.