Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to start a thread

E-minor7

Had I only one J-45 this hollow plastic bridged ceramic saddled oldie wouldn't be it. 

However I like the guitar a lot and it has a splendid alternative softer sonic mood to offer - full of atmosphere and soul. 

1963 ~ XMnG3mO.jpg

Worth noting that I carved 4 nuts in different materials for wider spacing - and learned how different they sound. 
Finally got hold of the right nylon-blank-block which it works best. 
The bone saddle it came with is louder, , , but the original white clay is it

And !!!! , , , both under-top nuts and washers plus the metal-spring under the saddle are kept where they were born.                                                                                                                                                                                                          I believe the mass/weight add core to the else very light creature. It's true identity is found in the middle of all these factors, , , with slightly faded Bronze or ph. ditto steel. 

(said most of this before, but as mentioned it's just a test - and the little tale can bear a re-run.)

6 hours ago, j45nick said:

Interesting that you went with a nylon nut, which was probably the original material. I kept the nylon nut on my recent 1950 J-45.  What year is this one, and what is the nut width?

As written it's from the plastic year 1963. The width is the attractive 11/16.

38 minutes ago, Lars68 said:

Is there a Dove hovering above perhaps? 😀

Hehe, , there is - it's more or less always there. 
But the Birds are still played more often than the maple fliers here, , , 

and the 45s for that matter. 

Edited by E-minor7

I won't be the one to complain. Still it seems all past photos are gone - quite a loss for the Board.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     On this pc the quotation-boxes are ppzzzzt too.  All in all it looks pretty chaotic back there. 
That's life, , , apparently. But it feels like modernizing the museum did cost a serious part of the artifacts. 

Well, , , at least we have the threads and words.

11 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

. . .  it seems all past photos are gone - quite a loss for the Board.   

Looking back for photos some four pages, they still seem to be there. Yes? 

15 hours ago, Murph said:

He looked so young in those old pics...

And vice versa

17 hours ago, 62burst said:

Looking back for photos some four pages, they still seem to be there. Yes? 

Yea, sure, , but I'm further back in the precious archive.

Okay, a lot of them were gone already - perhaps due the fatal Bucket-change -  but we had loads of pure photo-gold behind us. TONS !