Gibson Brands Forums

Novice Player - Epiphone LP Custom Problems

Hello all!

I bought a Korean made LP Custom brand new back in the mid-2000s, but an unfortunate set of circumstances forced me to sell a ton of my gear to pay for basic living expenses.

Now that I'm in a better financial position I want to get back into playing, but when I plugged in my LP only one of the pickups seemed to work when I switched between the two.  I've never really felt confident in the tactile nature of the switch or the electronics in general.

Can someone help me with advice on what to do?  Should I trust Guitar Center to be able to diagnose this and fix it?  I need a setup anyway.  I just am afraid of spending money on things that aren't necessary to get things back up and running again.

Thanks!

Pickups rarely die.   My bet is that the contacts on either the switch or pickup connectors are corroded.  A shot of electrical contact cleaner on the switch and/or connectors should bring it back to life.

• Like 1