Gibson Brands Forums

Got Looper?

They are awesome fun.. Im not sure id ever use one at a gig but they are cool for practice..

Lots of good youtube looping vids..

This has to be one of my faves

They also have looping competitions

This is cool once it gets going

I have a ditto X2 and also the single button one which I don't use.  (difficult to operate.)  The X2 is on my acoustic pedal board, and I use it quite a lot.

it is unforgiving if you're not dead on with triggering the loops properly.

I am glad this thread came up, reminded me of another way I want to spend money. 

Anyways - as mentioned above, I've been looking at the boss RC3...  (due to the boss name, and record and drum functions) but checking out loop pedals in general it seems ones with 2 buttons are the easier ones to use.  The ditto x2 gets hi props for something w/ 2 buttons - but does not have the drum or record functions.  Hmmmm, record is nice to have but not critical, would really like drums of some sort though...  any recommendations?

The only looper I use is for playing rhythm sections to improvise over at home. I have something like 45 seconds on my Roland Cube 80X built in looper for that. I used to use Band in Box for that, but using the Cube amp is easier, plus I can play it myself and give it the sound I want.

Edited by zigzag

On 5/26/2019 at 4:31 AM, kidblast said:

it is unforgiving if you're not dead on with triggering the loops properly.

That's exactly the deal.

I've been working on my groove and want to lay down some loops, but you have to be dead on.  Plus figuring out the functionality of the unit.  Half an hour a day should get me there soon.