Gibson Brands Forums

The passing of Aina Jo

tpbiii

Tom, I know you and your wife had a very special bond that many couples never experience. You two were very fortunate to have each other for so long. I am sorry for your loss, and wish you the best in these tough times.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the kind replies.  Her memorial was at the Armuchee Bluegrass Festival -- a place we both loved.  Here are the videos of the musical part of the celebration.

https://vimeo.com/showcase/6034122

There is a 32 RB-3 Gibson banjo and our 35 Jumbo Gibson guitar there, as well as an old Kay bass, a 46 D-28, and up front Aina Jo's 39 S-51 five string Kay bass and her late 50 MWard (Kay) guitar she learned on and played for me the night I met her in 1967. [For those who like such trivia, that bass was the main instrument of Mike Fuller (Fuller's Vintage Guitars) for many years.  Aina Jo liked it better than the near identical one she already had, so she left her older one in Texas and brought this one back to Georgia.]  I love all the odd threads of our musical lives.

Best,

-Tom

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, tpbiii said:

Thank you all so much for the kind replies.  Her memorial was at the Armuchee Bluegrass Festival -- a place we both loved.  Here are the videos of the musical part of the celebration.

https://vimeo.com/showcase/6034122

There is a 32 RB-3 Gibson banjo and our 35 Jumbo Gibson guitar there, as well as an old Kay bass, a 46 D-28, and up front Aina Jo's 39 S-51 five string Kay bass and her late 50 MWard (Kay) guitar she learned on and played for me the night I met her in 1967. [For those who like such trivia, that bass was the main instrument of Mike Fuller (Fuller's Vintage Guitars) for many years.  Aina Jo liked it better than the near identical one she already had, so she left her older one in Texas and brought this one back to Georgia.]  I love all the odd threads of our musical lives.

Best,

-Tom

It was a lovely celebration of her life.

• Like 1