Gibson Brands Forums

My Gibson beauty.....

PaoloSpadaro

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 3:27 PM, merciful-evans said:

I had no Gibson made a nylon guitar. Impressed!

These were quite popular back in the 80s, I almost bought one, but decided on something else.  Should have bought that Gibson Chet nylon.

Great stuff Paolo   Very well played, that stuff is NOT trivial to get right, and you get it right.

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Wonderful playing I really enjoyed hearing those covers.

Not sure what the latest protocol is on YouTube, there has been a lot of discussion about copyrights etc.  But  you may want to give credit where credit is due.  While Chet Atkins is one of my favorite pickers he wrote none of those songs.  In  your videos you state "By Chet Atkins" for all three, and I'm sure you patterned your playing after his recordings.

However "Taste of Honey" was written by Bobby Scott and Ric Barlow about 1960 and the most popular recording was by Herb Alpert.  "Take Five" was written by Paul Desmond from the Dave Brubeck group and recorded about 1959.  "Georgy Girl" was written by Tom Springfield and Jim Dale and popularized by the recording made by the Seekers.

Not trying to rain on your parade or be too picky, as I say I love your playing.  But to put up videos and state "By Chet Atkins" might offend the people that actually wrote the songs, and popularized them with their recordings.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...