Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Dave F

I picked this up for a song today. I'm planning on taking the tuners, add some new buttons and moving them to another guitar. I'll put some repos on this one.

This one is quite weathered with one top crack and one side crack, nothing drastic. The neck is remarkably straight and the fretboard shows very little wear.

I'm guessing it's a KG-32 but I'm not for sure. Mahogany back and sides, spruce top.

8kGrI1C.jpg

A6tgytE.jpg

QHQF8bQ.jpg

Edited by Dave F
updates

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

I picked this up for a song today. I'm planning on taking the tuners, add some new buttons and moving them to another guitar. I'll put some repos on this one.

This one is quite weathered with one top crack and one side crack, nothing drastic. The neck is remarkably straight and the fretboard shows very little wear.

I'm guessing it's a KG-32 but I'm not for sure. Mahogany back and sides, spruce top.

8kGrI1C.jpg

A6tgytE.jpg

QHQF8bQ.jpg

Very cool!

Cool!  If you have a copy of Spann's guide it will tell you the year and model.  Unfortunately mine has been M.I.A. since the last move and is lurking somewhere buried  in one of the boxes down in the basement.  I have never been any good when it comes to figuring out which model of Gibson offbrand achtop is which.  The double ply pickguard and fingerboard binding shows the guitar to be a higher end version   while the "D" in the FON prefix indicates 1938.   Gibson started switching over from Waverly to bent tab Kluson tuners sometime after 1936.

I have a 1935 Capital which is pretty much the same guitar except for the Cromwell-esque skunk stripe inlay down the center of the  board.

L1010945.jpg

Edited by zombywoof