Gibson Brands Forums

who likes the 2nd amendment?

FennRx

i do. kinda my new thing. with all the crime (read armed robberies) in the greater metropolitan area of where i live, i decided to exercise my 2nd amendment rights (pronounced rats by many of the locals) for the first time.

i found that i actually enjoy this new hobby. firearms are a) practical for home/personal defense and #-o enjoyable to use safely (ie at a shooting range). i find it to be both challenging and stress relieving (imagine that lol). i was never a gun guy, but after getting married and taking a job in not-so-great neighborhood, i am very glad that my state does not infringe on my rights. i am also thankful that my state has a castle law that does not require me to retreat from my own home. the way i figure, if i find you in my house at 3:00am without my invitation, i will assume you are there to kill me and rape my wife. and that just aint gonna happen.

purchasing firearms also can serve another purpose: stimulate the economy.

like gibson guitars, firearms are still an american tradition. i own two S&W guns, both made right here in the United States. The first is a Model 642 .38 Special. The second is a Sigma 9VE. I know what some people think of this so called "Swock", but i really like it. very comfortable to hold, control and fire. and brand new for $300? you're not going to get a Glock for that price, even used.

what do you guys think?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No argument from me Fenn and not just cause were fellow Hoosiers. I've owned many fire arms in my life and am a strong believer in the 2nd amendment.

Bet that's going to screw with some of the preconceived notions of a liberal.

If you wanna know a safe state, move to idaho. They (citizens) are allowed to holister a weapon in broad day light. They have one of the lowest crime rates in america.

Imagaine a bank robber trying to steal money and everyone in the bank including the bank teller pulls out a walther on the guy.

where i live i do not need to conceal my firearms either. probbaly a good idea, but not required. hell if i get pulled over by a cop, i am not required to tell him i have loaded firearms on my person/in my car.

i paid $125 for a lifetime permit. can't beat that.

There are two versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with slight capitalization and punctuation differences. The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”

The original and copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, had different capitalization and punctuation:

“ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. ”

Both versions are commonly used in official government publications. The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert and resides in the National Archives.

Over here in England its rather screwed up. If someone breaks into your house and you beat the living crap out of them its you that gets prosecuted. There was a famous case a few years ago were a farmer had his home burgled several times before finally confronting two guys in his hallway, being a farmer he had a shotgun (we can't be trusted with real guns over here!) and killed one and injured the other. What happened? He was sent to jail for several years.

I have never been a gun guy but I am considering buying a handgun and a shotgun. Personal protection.

The guy I jam with has an arsenal that you would not believe. His silencer is just the scariest thing of all. I fart louder than that.

its just scary around here.

ex #1 a little over a month ago, a guy was driving around to bus stops pistol whipping and pointing his gun at 5th graders for their lunch money.

ex#2 maybe 2 weeks ago, a woman was in a gas station trying to pay with a Benjamin. the clerk couldnt break it, so the customer behind her offered to change out the $100 bill. the girl's boyfriend, who was sitting in the parking lot, saw his gf talking to this guy and literally ran into the gas station firing his handgun, hitting the customer twice. luckily no one sustained permanent injury or died, but jesus.....

There are two versions of the text of the Second Amendment' date=' each with slight capitalization and punctuation differences. The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”

The original and copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, had different capitalization and punctuation:

“ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. ”

Both versions are commonly used in official government publications. The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert and resides in the National Archives. [/quote']

Cool... Whats the "bill of rights"?

Just kidding man... I know what it is... I went to a school where they taught us USA history (and geography) for the most part (all classes were in english and all exams/tests were in english too) maybe that's why I sometimes know a little more than some of the LS-14s and Ilovegibsons of this forum about their country...

Don't give up your rights. The 2nd amendment is not about guns, it is about how much the government can control what you do. The first and second amendments are the only two left that are reasonably intact from their original intent, yet there are plenty of people chipping away at both.

Cool... Whats the "bill of rights"?

Just kidding man... I know what it is... I went to a school where they taught us USA history (and geography) for the most part (all classes were in english and all exams/tests were in english too) maybe that's why I sometimes know a little more than some of the LS-14s and Ilovegibsons of this forum about their country...

Ilovegibsons is from the UK. We had some sort of hostilities with them a couple hundred years ago. They sound funny when they talk. We don't.

But, odd to me, have you ever noticed when singing we all pretty much sound the same. Except maybe Pink Floyd who you still here the accent from.

Like guns, like blowing holes in things, like knowing I won't successfully be robbed at the atm.

Find it humorous when I think about D.C. outlawing guns there inspite of the above discussion. Gonna lower the crime rate by doing that huh?? How's that working out for ya D.C.??? One of the highest crime rates in the country??? Well, that's what I read awhile back. Wonder if they'll ever change their mind. Probably not, politicians hide there too afraid of the taxpayers they screw.

Ok now for the rant of the day... (most probably of the hour)

I dont know why people whine about other people carrying guns. I dont like them and dont want them but thats because I know I would go off and kill as many of them as I could (please dont take that the wrong way). So, I am a very responsible and caring person.

Most people are against guns down here, most of them say they think that way because crime is at an all time high, and giving people the right to have guns just makes things worst.

My take is that all those bastards robbing stores and killing people for a pair of USED shoes will still get guns and shoot people no matter what law you have. Having a law that prohibits guns will only keep us (the recieving side) from fighting back and from protecting ourselves. Those bastards will still have their guns.

Anyone that say a law to prevent people from carrying guns will prevent crime is not thinking straight.

Its like those little signs on banks entrances that read "no guns past this point"... I laugh my f-ckin' a$$ off every time I see one of those... yeah bank robbers will read them, think "oh man... not another one... we really got to take care of the guy making these signs, they are bad for bussiness" and they will turn around and go off to find some other bank where they can enter with guns...

C´mon, they are breaking the law anyway, what's to stop them to break it again by carrying guns without a license? You think all those guys buy guns from LEGAL gun dealers and then go and ask for a license for that gun?

I owned a .357 Magnum for many years. Sold it when I had kids. One day I will buy another firearm--either when the kids are older or out of the house.

And I agree with you Fenn...going to the range is fun and a good stress relief. Though it does start to add up if you go a lot.

By the way, does the 2nd Amendment say anything about your right to buy/own bullets ?

In this day and age, I think every law abiding household should at least have a shotgun...which I do, with all the transient people coming and going...we got some real winners in this neighborhood that quite frankly worry me. Thank God I haven't had to use it.

Archived