Gibson Brands Forums

Two Gibson’s consigned, and one in the door...

MorrisrownSal

I have two Gibson’s consigned with Russo’s in case any of you might want them. They are the J50 and AJ you see here:

https://www.russomusic.com/collections/used-acoustic-guitars

and a 2014 Country Western is in the door. This is not the 2016 version with the adjustable saddle; this is identical to the Sheryl Crow.

With all my other swaps, donations, and gifts, I am at 3 now. My D15, an 000-28, and the CW.  I have been gigging with the D15, including tomorrow evening. The wall feels empty!

The CW sounds great, as a Bird should, and I’ll get around to recording it in a few weeks. Anyways, just updating my latest guitar news. I had gotten up to 8... which is kind of overkill for me.

I7r8BQJ.jpg

Edited by ThemisSal

Thanks Cougar!  I might be the only guy who has natural top Gibsons and dark Martins... I wanted to be at one Gibson and one Martin... I wanted the Gibson to be a square, and the Martin to be a small body. The D15 doesn’t count... just because?..  🙂

its worth peanuts anyways. More value to me as a gigger.

Edited by ThemisSal

Very nice looking instrument, Sal.  Tell us, what is it that this guitar has that the J-50 does not that makes it the keeper?  I remember that J-50 being your go to guitar......not to say I don't understand the trader in us........just wonder what's the magic in the CW..........

(Oh and ya gotta love the Sully!)

Edited by Buc McMaster

Roger... it is short scale, but now I gotta go double check!

Guys, the J50 is great. The D18 is great..  They’re all great. This CW sounds like A great Bird. It doesn’t have any more or less than the J50. A different but rich sound. With the J50, I could swap strings  and drastically change the sound and tone of the guitar -for the better or worse depending on who you ask. That’s probably true with most guitars too. I got tired of all the “this is the one” thinking (mine). But maybe no one wants the J50 after all, and I take it back... I tried selling it a few weeks before a RUSSO’s had it. Demand is not there. Who knows.

Life is short, as we all know. Play them, buy them, pass them on if there is another, while the money is still there They are not loved ones, although they can be friends. I look forward to hearing yours, especially from the new members too. 

Just thought of something. I’ve probably bought and sold twenty guitars in the last dozen years. Each time I did so I made or lost a few hundred dollars... mostly lost. In all that time... in a dozen years... I probably came out worse the price of a new Gibson, and yet I still got to play a whole mess of great guitars. That ain’t bad. The One? I don’t know what that is anymore.

Edited by ThemisSal
Post script

1 hour ago, ThemisSal said:

I’ve probably bought and sold twenty guitars in the last dozen years. Each time I did so I made or lost a few hundred dollars... mostly lost. In all that time... in a dozen years... I probably came out worse the price of a new Gibson, and yet I still got to play a whole mess of great guitars. 

And there you go.

Back when I drank and smoked and stuff, I spent the price  a new Gibson many, many times over and ended up with NOTHING.

If this is your worst habit, you're doing well my friend....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ThemisSal said:

Life is short, as we all know. Play them, buy them, pass them on if there is another, while the money is still there They are not loved ones, although they can be friends. I look forward to hearing yours, especially from the new members too. 

Just thought of something. I’ve probably bought and sold twenty guitars in the last dozen years. Each time I did so I made or lost a few hundred dollars... mostly lost. In all that time... in a dozen years... I probably came out worse the price of a new Gibson, and yet I still got to play a whole mess of great guitars. That ain’t bad. The One? I don’t know what that is anymore.

Sal, I swear you and I are brothers from another mother.....I couldn't have said it better myself. I also look at it as renting some beautiful instruments for a while and then turning them back in for another one. 🤩

2 hours ago, Joe M said:

Sal, I swear you and I are brothers from another mother.....I couldn't have said it better myself. I also look at it as renting some beautiful instruments for a while and then turning them back in for another one. 🤩

You and Sal should start a club where you keep a guitar for an agreed amount of time then ship it to the next club member and await your next  guitar.

I think I qualify for membership in that club too, Dave.  😳  

it’s a great part of the hobby for me.  If the bills are paid, you’re saving some, mamma’s happy, and the baby has shoes...no harm in my book.

Roger

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, rbpicker said:

I think I qualify for membership in that club too, Dave.  😳  

it’s a great part of the hobby for me.  If the bills are paid, you’re saving some, mamma’s happy, and the baby has shoes...no harm in my book.

Roger

It would probably do me good. I’ve got the catch down pat. I’m having problems with the release. 

On 6/9/2019 at 7:02 AM, Murph said:

Back when I drank and smoked and stuff, I spent the price  a new Gibson many, many times over and ended up with NOTHING.

If this is your worst habit, you're doing well my friend....

Truth...