Gibson Brands Forums

NGD-non Gibson

generaldreedle

Well done!  But ai am a bit biased as I will always have a soft spot for Guilds.  Back in the 1960s the were often our first "good" guitar occupying that sweet spot in price between a Harmony Sovereign and Martin D-18. or J45.  And in the 1970s they were a shining star in what is generally considered  not the best decade for acoustics.   So congrats.

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Tidy looking guitar. Congrats!

Maybe the pic angle but the neck radius looks tight. 

It probably is for some people but it seems really easy to play for me.  I'm strumming and finger picking blues stuff but truth be told so far it seems like a great all around guitar.  I've tried some flatpicking and it sounds just as good.  First Maple guitar too and I can tell the difference

2 hours ago, generaldreedle said:

It probably is for some people but it seems really easy to play for me.  I'm strumming and finger picking blues stuff but truth be told so far it seems like a great all around guitar.  I've tried some flatpicking and it sounds just as good.  First Maple guitar too and I can tell the difference

I haven't played a maple construction acoustic in donkey's years. I do recall that played softly, it had a sound that nothing else could match.