Gibson Brands Forums

I won the 50th Anniversary Model!!!!

Bluemoon

Yeah, I sure did not win it either . . .

Now, I have to decide whether to buy one or two other nice guitars instead.

If I wasn't turning 50 myself this year, that decision would be easy. Just something about the R9 and me both being born the same year that's kinda cool. About the only thing about it that's kinda cool . . . otherwise I'm just an old fart!

I guess you have to pay $25 to get who actually won??

My sister in law won $100K last week on a scratch ticket. She's had two kids (by men who were apparently just sperm donors, not fathers). She brought them up on welfare, living in Section 8 apartments that were spacious and warm while my $13,000 house rattled in the wind and leaked. One daughter went to college for 8 years or so.... I think she works in a convenience store when she's sober. The other daughter got married and 'mom' moved in with them. She was a smart cookie, lemme tell ya. She had the whole Earned Income Credit thing worked out and knew exactly how much she needed to make in a year to maximize it; she'd take a leave of absence about October so she wouldn't go past the optimum annual income. When my father in law lived out his last couple years with them, he had a cash box with a good pile of cash plus many uncashed Social Security checks. After he died the box disappeared.

I've seen her make the kids go without and yet she would come home after work with a fifth of coffee brandy and about 20 scratch tickets every day.

I don't know if they will automatically deduct the taxes from the winnings or if she will need to put it on her income tax next year or what.... I can't wait to see the look on her face when about a third of the winnings vaporize.

I love to watch white trash on Springer but when they are in your immediate family they're not so entertaining.

My sister in law won $100K last week on a scratch ticket. She's had two kids (by men who were apparently just sperm donors' date=' not fathers). She brought them up on welfare, living in Section 8 apartments that were spacious and warm while my $13,000 house rattled in the wind and leaked. One daughter went to college for 8 years or so.... I think she works in a convenience store when she's sober. The other daughter got married and 'mom' moved in with them. She was a smart cookie, lemme tell ya. She had the whole Earned Income Credit thing worked out and knew exactly how much she needed to make in a year to maximize it; she'd take a leave of absence about October so she wouldn't go past the optimum annual income. When my father in law lived out his last couple years with them, he had a cash box with a good pile of cash plus many uncashed Social Security checks. After he died the box disappeared.

I've seen her make the kids go without and yet she would come home after work with a fifth of coffee brandy and about 20 scratch tickets every day.

I don't know if they will automatically deduct the taxes from the winnings or if she will need to put it on her income tax next year or what.... I can't wait to see the look on her face when about a third of the winnings vaporize.

I love to watch white trash on Springer but when they are in your immediate family they're not so entertaining.[/quote']

Ouch

My sister in law won $100K last week on a scratch ticket. She's had two kids (by men who were apparently just sperm donors' date=' not fathers). She brought them up on welfare, living in Section 8 apartments that were spacious and warm while my $13,000 house rattled in the wind and leaked. One daughter went to college for 8 years or so.... I think she works in a convenience store when she's sober. The other daughter got married and 'mom' moved in with them. She was a smart cookie, lemme tell ya. She had the whole Earned Income Credit thing worked out and knew exactly how much she needed to make in a year to maximize it; she'd take a leave of absence about October so she wouldn't go past the optimum annual income. When my father in law lived out his last couple years with them, he had a cash box with a good pile of cash plus many uncashed Social Security checks. After he died the box disappeared.

I love to watch white trash on Springer but when they are in your immediate family they're not so entertaining.[/quote']

I'm suddenly feeling so much better about my family, despite our albeit minor differences.

Anyway, so we were talking about who won the 50th R9 . . .

Do you really have to pay $25 to find out who won? Well, I guess I don't need to know that bad.

How many times do you enter any of the Gibson Guitar Giveaways?

I've started putting my name in everyday for everything they're giving away.

It says you can only enter once per day for most of the contests.

Now the BBKing contest says you may only enter once.

Still, just winning something would be wonderful. I haven't won much lately except two passes to see Dog Hotel at the local movie theater and two tickets to Hearst Castle in San Simeon, CA.

That was an easy win. Just call up answer a question and bingo. I think my question was about the Jarvis Heart Transplant back in 1981 or something.

Anyway, it will be good to get away from Santa Maria and spend some time with "Big Mama".

I dont think winning a guitar is that good of a thing... you can buy guitars... you can own guitars of all flavors, but meeting people that like guitars as much or more than you and like to talk about it? That is a great prize...

Acordingly, the last time I won anything was when I bought my first gibson... I got to sign up on a cool forum with lots of cool people... I thought that was something you just couldnt beat... but that was the first forum; then it got revamped into this and you rascals showed up... now it's even better.

Thanks guys.

I dont think winning a guitar is that good of a thing... you can buy guitars... you can own guitars of all flavors' date=' but meeting people that like guitars as much or more than you and like to talk about it? That is a great prize...

Acordingly, the last time I won anything was when I bought my first gibson... I got to sign up on a cool forum with lots of cool people... I thought that was something you just couldnt beat... but that was the first forum; then it got revamped into this and you rascals showed up... now it's even better.

Thanks guys.[/quote']

=D> C'mere ya big lug

I dont think winning a guitar is that good of a thing... you can buy guitars... you can own guitars of all flavors' date=' but meeting people that like guitars as much or more than you and like to talk about it? That is a great prize...

Thanks guys.[/quote'] :-# Ha ha j/k

Archived